1985 MGM LS Auto Head Lamp Relay Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 MGM LS Auto Head Lamp Relay Location

I am trying to locate the automatic headlamp relay (1L1). Under dash near steering column is the best I've read, and don't see it. Is it tucked up near the headlamp switch? Thanks for the help. I tried searching, but I never can pick the right word search combination. Thanks for the help.

If it's the same spot as my 88... behind the ash tray mounted to the cross beam. you will need to unscrew the clip from said beam as the relay has a wire coming out the back of it and will be soldered to the clip. The "replacement" relays will NOT work as they are not double pole double throw relays like the one you have. There is no replacement relay for that one. The parts lists LIE. You would have to get the relay for the aeros and the harness for it and patch that in to replace with something that can be had off the shelf. Otherwise, you're stuck hunting junk yards.

Part number that I know of: E3AB-14A672-B1A

Ebay and the like... MIGHT have one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X