Waxes and polishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waxes and polishes

I see lots of wax and polish brands out there, but which ones work the best? I haven't heard anything that really convinces me that a certain brand is the best, so i'm wondering what you guys think is the best stuff. A little off topic, i've heard of clay barring, but what is it?
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

I use Zymol (sp) blue for a cleaner wax. On top of that Colinite fleet wax. In studies the colinite out lasted all others exelent shine with Zymol 1 month one of the best over anything you see on the shelf. 6 months later Colinite still was rated excelent thats on a boat.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Mothers also makes good stuff.

Claybar is an abrasive you use to get spots out of the paint. Its literally a bar of clay you rub on the paint, then polish afterward with a standard polish. You can do the whole car with it, it smooths the clearcoat or finish out so it shines better. Its a similar concept to using rubbing compound but its somewhat less abrasive. Do too much of it and you'll take the paint off tho.
      Last edited by gadget73; 08-26-2006, 11:05 PM.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That is like asking what oil is best. I personally use Meguiars NTX for now but I have heard a shit ton of good things about Natty's blue and Zaino. I am going to get some when I am out of NTX.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

It's also greatly dependant on your current paint. If you paint is old and fading, you want a more aggresive cleaner wax. If you have good paint as it is, and just mainly wish to preserve or just spiffy it up, then you want a more some sort of rub on liquid compound.

Comment

Hi Guys

Bilt-Hamber Auto-Balm is the king of all polishes, man just look at the shine it gives, I had to use a 75% tint on the camera lens just to get that picture!

Regards

Dereck
            President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Working...
            X