paintless dent repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paintless dent repair

Alright, I want in on this market. I've been looking at stuff on the 'net and, quite frankly, I have no idea where or who to purchase the proper tools and instructional info from. One place says "this", the other place says "that". If anyone here can give me any info as to (1) who a good company is to buy these tools from, (2) who supplies good instructional video and information, and (3) what to watch out for when buying.

The tool ads on eBay give me that funny feeling in my gut that says "it's cheap crap at an iffy price". Any information that could get me a step forward in all of this would be greatly appreciated.

The only real way is to get a job at one of the places. They have their own school they'll send you away to, and you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement saying you'll never teach anyone else how to do it, or make any money off it outside of that job. They don't go into much detail about paintless dent repair in normal autobody school.

Comment

See if you can watch one of their techs while he is repairing a dent. If you see one of those little Dent Wizard trucks, just kind of drive through and see what you can see. I'm sure they won't be too keen on you watching intently. But, it may give you a general idea of the tools, and the quality thereof.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

i've seen it done they use metal rods and picks and a heat gun.......guy next to where i worked did spray on bedliners and put a dent in a brandy new truck so he called out the paintless dent people

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

*cough* training video *cough*

Link

Comment

Start your own business.

Comment

Ding King FTW!
              The Blue Falcon

Pics located here.

Comment

Working...
              X