Not sure where to put this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure where to put this...

Hey mangs. So when i was hooking my throttole cable and tv pressure and all that good stuff i made a hole or two drilling :P. Anyways. Im wanting to plug these holes back up now due to ants coming in... ( Granted one window stays crack 24/7 ) Any sujestions as to what i can use. Is there any type of liqid silicone or anything out there to fill in holes? Thanks mangs.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Butyl Rubber sealant, that black stuff that usually comes in a rope. My Dad always called it dum-dum. That gives a good waterproof seal and it stays in place well.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Sweet, thanks mang. its spelled
      Butyl?

how do you pronounce that? But - yal?
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Use Clear Adhesive Silicone. That shit's tough, and it seals tight. The aero's front turn signals haven't leaked since then.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkKnight View Post
          Butyl?

Byoo-tul...

If you use silicone make sure its 100% or else it won't be totally waterproof, if that is a concern.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

in the location where the holes are 100% water proof isnt a concern. its right behind and to the side of where the radio is. but the hole is the size of a silver dollar. Thanks mangs.

And i hate to ask but would byoo tul be like Bute? brute with no r? and the tul more like tall?

Comment

in the location where the holes are 100% water proof isnt a concern. its right behind and to the side of where the radio is. but the hole is the size of a silver dollar. Thanks mangs.

And i hate to ask but would byoo tul be like Bute? brute with no r? and the tul more like tall?

Like beaut (as in the first part of beautiful), tall. I think you have it right...lol.
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Butyl?

Np, that stuff works really good. They use it for replacing windshields, door water barriers, firewalls, tail lights, ect. 3m has a window roll they sell but IIRC electricians & HVAC people use the same sort of thing which may cost you less.
                sigpic
                Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Sweet buteall Gotcha.

One more question?
                  ( And i know i asked it before )

But you mangs said that wax will actualy remove the glue that held the door guards on that run down the side of my car?

Wont have funds for to many mods any time soon so ide like to get the tiny shit taken care of hehe.

Comment

Wax will not. Polish will. You don't want a cleaner wax, you want a straight polish. Meguiar's #3 FTMFW.

Comment

kk thanks ill get some of that and sume butal and have a cleaning day when i get caught up a bit hehe

Comment

Those are a tough one, You could try Varsol or Mineral spirits to help loosen it up, and a heat gun might help as well. Do you still have some of that white foam backing stuck on there too? I took off my two Rear quarter ones and redid them with the 3m adhesive and it wasn't as easy as I'd like to get the old stuff off. Allegedly, 3m has a rubber nubbed disk or attachment made for just this purpose that isn't supposed to murder the paint.
                        sigpic

Comment

my mom has used hand cream to remove adhesive residue on metal and glass. I'm surprised that it worked, maybe you could try that.

Comment

what type of hand cream?

Comment

It rubs the lotion on the door... those strips are a pain to get off but doable. If it works, it's a less aggressive approach and easier on the wallet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X