Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed

Hi everybody,

I owned a 98 Grand Marquis and I want to know if somebody has installed a bumper guard (push bumper) on a 1998 to 2002 Grand Marquis. Do somebody know if Go Rhino model #5036D (for Crown Vic) can fit on a Grand Marquis ? Ford and Mercury bumpers are not identical. Any model to suggest ? Any info, specs. or pics. will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Don't quote me on this, but it should fit almost exactly... the Grand Marqs and Crown Vics are exactly the same underneath.

Comment

I'm sure you are right about the underneath (even if an employee of Go Rhino said the brackets could not fit).

I realize that the bumper are not identical. Grand Marqs have little "bumper guard" that are molded in the plastic bumper. It split the lower opening of the bumper in three openings. Crown Vics only have one opening that goes throught the width of the car. I fear that I will have to drill thought those plastic bumper guaud and dammage the bumper. I want to be sure before I start to spend a lot of $$$.

Look at theses pics. (I hope it works). What do you think ?

Thanks

Nick
      Attached Files

Comment

Well, the fact that you have to cut holes through your bumper goes without saying. That's not the bumper that's visible on modern cars - that's a bumper cover. Just a piece of plastic. That's too flimsy to support an object as heavy as a bumper guard. They have to be mounted to the bumper behind the bumper cover.

If you're worried about cutting through your bumper cover, then you probably shouldn't go any further with this idea.

Comment

I will try to find a car that already have one to take some measurement and pics. to see what I can do about it.

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Working...
          X