question about slick top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about slick top

Ok i was seriously think about slick toping my car till i looked at that stickie.I have a 87gm and on mine around the back window it dosent have chrome trim its got some kind of trim thats the same color has the top. So if i slick top what will i do for trim around the back window and will i lose the lights between the door cause i love thous
    sigpic1987 grand marquis

You will do as you please with your coach lights. Check out what Bowman85merc did with his. He ended up swapping out some of the trim, but the results look very nice.

Rear window trim shouldn't be a real difficulty unless you have a "coach roof" model, distinguishable by a somewhat smaller window opening and the vinyl actually coming in past the edge of the window itself. The vinyl-covered aluminum trim you may be dealing with otherwise (it's what I have on my '81) should interchange easily with bright trim, or you can probably remove the vinyl covering and polish or paint it to suit your needs.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

ok cool thanks for the help wasnt sure what to do lol again thanks alot
      sigpic1987 grand marquis

Comment

BTW, here's my personal favorite shot of the car if you haven't seen it yet .... I seem to recall he actually obtained correct coach lights from a wagon or other factory slicktop Marquis application. Now he's got GT40P heads, bucket seats, and everything!

Comment

man that car is SEXYY!!! lol... yours is a 2-door isnt it ??? but yea, if u have any questions bout makin ur car a slicktop u can ask me, me and my dad did it all ourselves.

and 87cp, how did u get that picture big ??? i can only get the lil' baby pictures u have to click on.
          Last edited by Bowman85merc; 09-27-2008, 01:08 AM.
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

heh ... I just pulled up that picture, did Copy Link Location under the right-click menu, and used the button down here to put it in the IMG tags. The other does seem to be the default for newly-uploaded pics hosted on this site, though.

Comment

You got a coach roof, I think. Is it a small rear window type?

If so, even better excuse to shitcan it!!!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

from what i can tell it looks like a regular size rear window to me it looks just like the guy rroof in the panther of the month
                sigpic1987 grand marquis

Comment

That particular car is a coach roof ... note the lack of apparent rear window trim:

Here's what it looks like under the vinyl:

To compare, here's a shot of the back of my two-door, showing the vinyl-covered window trim I was talking about above:

Comment

yea mine looks like your two door the cover vinyl trim what under that any one know
                    pics of my really car coming very soon also a list of what iam doing it going to be a long project but that fine cause if it turn out like what i have pic in my head it will be great
                    sigpic1987 grand marquis

Comment

that sure is a sexy Tudor...one of the sexiest Boxes I know of.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                        that sure is a sexy Tudor...one of the sexiest Boxes I know of.
                        I hope you mean Bowman85's and not mine .... :p

Comment

Working...
                        X