door swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
    did you find it easy to swap the key lock rod ? did you get the door aligned right?
    I haven't swapped the lock cylinder or rod yet. May get to that next weekend, but I have another project going right now, so it'll probably be around April before I really get back into working on this car heavily. Just wanted to get the door on. Was extremely easy to align the door. I never even touched the original hinges themselves. Just bolted the door up and moved the top in and bottom out slightly to get the door sitting level with the front fender and rear door. Opens and closes perfect.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Oh shit, I forgot, this is a '91 door, they changed the window motors slightly in 1990, so you're gonna have to change the window motor regulator if you want your original motor to work. That's 4 rivets. You will want to take that out as a single piece. I ran into this problem when I tried to run a '90 power window motor in my Vic. I could only get two bolts in the motor, so I don't know how it would work going the reverse path.
    Sounds like it'll be easier to just go back to the junkyard and get the correct window motor. I've got a trick for testing parts like that in the junkyard. I just take my 14v cordless drill battery in with me, and I have a couple of wires I made up with alligator clips on either end to attach to the battery and then to what ever electrical part I'm testing. So I assume any '90-'91 Crown Vic or Grand Marquis motor will swap?

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by 89Merc; 02-17-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Well, since this is passenger door, the motor from either the right front, or the left rear door will work.

Comment

Working...
      X