Trunk Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Emblem

So I went to the carwash today..and it's an automatic which I hate...but the car was disgutingly filthy with salt so I had to get it washed...so after i pulled out to dry the rest of the water off and to wipe the door jambs..i notice that the LX emblem on my trunk is gone....After swearing a lot I went inside and talked to the manger and he said all they could do is try to get it later tonight because it probally fell into the pit or went down the sewer and if they found it they would call me....so now....hopefully they find it, but i can allways get another...(man this week sucks)

Can any of you mangs tell me how to put a new one on and how to get the old glue off...Thanks guys

bump

Comment

what kind of glue would I use to reatach it

Comment

That sucks, 3m double-sided foam tape is what you'll need, I wouldn't bother with anything else.
        sigpic
        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

yea, double tape. i wouldnt bother removing the old glue, unless theres alot of it or you are the meticulous type, I would use GOO GONE.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
          previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Comment

There is a new hotness for attaching:

No foam there to degrade and absorb water. I used it to attach my I-PASS to the outside of my windshield for a day and it is some crazy strong stuff.

Comment

I used clear silicone adhesive. That Ford emblem is never coming off easily. Mwahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                I used clear silicone adhesive. That Ford emblem is never coming off easily. Mwahahahahaha!
                Thats what I was thinking about using.....Oh well, excuse to go to the junk yard this weekend LOL...maybe il find some 5.0 emblems as well....thanks mangs

Comment

Working...
                X