Pant code question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pant code question?

My 79 ltd has 54H paint code. What color is that?
    “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Far as I remember there should only be a two position code. Are you sure that is correct??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

54H is your body code, which is an base 4-door LTD. the exterior paint code should be a 2 digit code(1 number, 1letter) and will be above where it says "exterior paint color". its above the body code. thats maybe why you got the wrong one.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Oops it says 8D
        “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

8D
          glamour color-non polish
          medium bittersweet metalic

Comment

Seen that color for 1982 but not '79. Thought it was used from 80-84 but maybe 79???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

i was surpised too but, this is what my books are showing. i guess we will find out if i was right, when he replies lol.

Comment

48 tall.
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks marquisman. Sorry for confusion my car is made in October 79.

Comment

no problem lol. after looking at your pic, i was convinced the color is med. bittersweet metalic. i also noticed in your sig, you have a '80 LTD lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X