Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: How do you remove the RR tail light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: How do you remove the RR tail light?

I need to remove it on my 85 LTC. I removed the nuts inside the trunk but it would not come out. Do I need to remove the plastic piece that runs across the top of the bumper?

Thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I believe there is one or two you have to access from under the bumper.. It's been awhile but there not fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if they're like the other panthers... there's a few screws from the filler panel that hold it in too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The more I look it appears I'll. Have to remove some or all of the filler panel.

Using Tapatalk

Comment

that's annoying.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I agree, that's why I've not replaced the lens yet.....

Using Tapatalk

Comment

I dont believe the filler comes out. At least I know I did not remove mine when I pulled the tail lamp and the corner piece. You may need to pull the corner bit with the lamp but the center part can stay.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

To get the tail light out of an 89 mgm, you lay down underneath and can get to the screws that hold in the lamp. You might need to scrape off some mud/dirt to find them as they are phillips head screws (on the 89 anyway).

Alex.

Comment

Thanks for all the reply's. I'll be tackling it in a weekend or two. I got a NOS lens from Baker Auto and it's in perfect condition!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
                  Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X