Grill Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill Problems

Do any if you mangs have a pic of how the grill mounts on an 89 TC or can any of you post one from your car.. While washing the car today and going over the grill it fell down.. It seems to have nothing holding it in but the two springs and the ledge on top.. From the looks of it the car has had body work done way in the past and I do t know that they did to mount this and have it hold for so long until today... Thought I had it hanging on but I came out to leave for work and it had fallen again so I dicked with it and got it back and drove to work and it's staying put..well for now :/ thanks mangs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea for TCs but my 87 front is held on by screws. The grill on my 91 GM was like two or three tab pieces on the grill that press fit into the header panel. I used some extra foam to fix a loose fit on the parts that slid In from the grill into the header panel to fix a similar issue I had with that car. Lasted the 2+ years I owned the car without issue. I picked the foam up at Lowes. I actually never took the grill off my original 89 CV header panel but I assume it was similar to the 91 GM.
    Last edited by slack; 07-04-2014, 01:42 AM.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Just fell down again on my way home... >

Comment

you may have to pull the whole surround out of there. i think its 4 or 6 nuts and the outer shell comes off. Once thats off, you should see 2 springs towards the bottom that pushes the grill insert forward, and it hooks at the top. If its falling out, either its not hooked in there right, or the tabs that its supposed to hook on are broken. Its not really supposed to come apart on the later cars, so I'm guessing the part is broken.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks gadget! I'm going to dig into it in a little but here

Comment

Comment

Fixed it! Had the springs going the wrong way.. I'm retarded

Comment

Cool. The kind I was thinking of has what looks like a long rod pinning the whole mess together. The top of that one is basically like the waffle grille cars have. Those come out of position over about 100 mph.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yea, I drive on the expressway everyday so I can see that happening lol!

Comment

The waffle grille has this solid piece of plastic on the upper part that makes it basically an air dam. Kind of dumb, and I don't know what purpose it serves other than to make the grille into a ludicrous speed indicator.

Comment

Lol! That's how I thought mine was mounted but I was proven wrong

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        The waffle grille has this solid piece of plastic on the upper part that makes it basically an air dam. Kind of dumb, and I don't know what purpose it serves other than to make the grille into a ludicrous speed indicator.
                        They've gone to PLAID!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PICKUP6772 View Post
                          They've gone to PLAID!!!
                          .....another spaceballs fan!!!!!...whoohoo

Comment

Thats my 1953 Philco in action.

Comment

Wow that tube is much stronger then the one in my basement. The bakelite cabinet was trashed so just kept the chassis. Been a few years since running it. Wonder if it still plays?
                              sigpic
                              89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                              13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                              "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Working...
                              X