No announcement yet.

Dave's Hot Rod '84 Merc 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i havent put it on yet but im not looking forward to it, it will probly be a pita

Comment

Those wheels look so much better! And the smooth bumper is just catching my eye!

Comment

well I finaly got one,,, yep a 4 bbl intake, $35 off a buddy of mine, and i had the holley 4 bbl carb laying around, will probly have to be rebuilt but oh well i finaly have one,,,:megadeth: the intake is a ford aluminum one... the only thing i will have to do is mod the carb linkage since it is differnt then my 2 bbl ( where the cables and stuff hook up)

Comment

Sweet! What would the aluminum intake have come from? I never heard of Ford making a stock aluminum intake for that engine.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I have the same intake, as does GMGT. I guess its very simmilar to the first edelbrock performer intakes for 289/302.

If your stock 2bbl linkage doesnt work for some reason you can get lokar cables. The throttle linkage might be fine but make damn sure your TV rod/cable is working correctly or you'll toast your AOD real fast.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

ya one of the cable's has a nub it snappes on to, but the holly carb dosent have it, the tv rod should work on that carb tho right?
              Dose the tv use a cable and rod? is there a special adapeter to add that nub for the one cable?

Comment

My car had a TV rod and it was CFI, not too sure what carb cars had but its more that likely a rod. I tried attaching the old rod to the carb for kicks but I couldnt get it to be ajusted anywhere near correct and didnt want to risk it. So I got the lokar TV cable and never looked back.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

My carbed '89 has a TV rod. Dave, yours should have a rod and two cables (assuming you have cruise control, if not, then one cable).

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

yep, ive got 2 cables and a rod,

Comment

ok,, i got a nother 4bbl carb today, its a holley, but it says on the secondary float bowl "Manufactured by holley for motocraft" its got the right hook up's for the linkage to..

Comment

Sweet. Can't wait to see what it'll do with a 4bbl. I think everyone with a 2bbl should switch to 4bbl. I plan on gettin an 82 Vic and swapping to a 4bbl.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I know sombody that made the switch on a big oll ford truck and picked up some miles per gallon I wonder if it was that it just runs better not being choked or what?
                          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

It's a combination of factors. For one, if an engine is undercarbureted, it's running out of venturi area to suck in air. That pressure drop has to be made up, and it gets made up by more gas. More gas=fewer mpgs.

Also, the primaries in a 4 bbl are smaller than a 2 bbl, so if you don't floor it thru every stoplight, you'll pick up a little economy. If you DO floor it, well, hehehe...not so much.

Comment

Well a blue 1986 crown vic came in to the yard the other day, I looked inside and saw a nice blue crack free dash pad, i alredy have a good one in my car but it dosent hurt to have an extra one incase the one i have now gets cracked, will put a pic up soon

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X