2018 Flex Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Flex Limited

I decided one blue wagon wasn't enough and offloaded my daily-driver P7B Vic for a 2018 Flex. Now I've got two blue wagons, one brown wagon...and a black whale.

This will be the first time in a very long time that I'm not daily driving a Panther.

I also went completely opposite of the Vic and made sure to find a Flex that was almost completely loaded. Aside from the vista roof and 40/40 second row, this one has everything: Ecoboost, AWD, HD brakes, heated/cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, tow package, Sony 120000000 speaker stereo w/SYNC, BLIS, adaptive cruise, ambient lighting...quite weird going from an old vomit comet to this.

'91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Very nice. I love the way they look.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!
      i always liked the Flex, wanted one but the wife wasn't having it.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
        Nice!
        Happy wife, happy life!
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

I suggested a Flex to my brother after our Roadmaster wagon was totaled, but he declined. It seems to me the Flex is about the closest thing to a full sized wagon you can get these days.
          1987 Lincoln Town Car - Signature, "Prudence"

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post

Happy wife, happy life!
            She just hated the look of it. She seemed to hate it for all the reasons why i like it lmfao.
            And i don't want to hear about it all the time.
            We went with a 2019 Lincoln Nautilus v6 twin turbo and AWD
            Flex is a lot cooler looking but the Nautilus has been a great vehicle so far.

Comment

Originally posted by massacre View Post
              Nice!
              Same here. She got the Escape instead. Now there are times when she wishes we had the third row.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It's definitely a polarizing look and I find most folks either love or hate it - there's not a lot of in-between. I'm not surprised that here on a Box Panther forum, most people view it favorably.
                With a name like Flex I'm sure they were trying to convey that the car checks a lot of boxes between wagon, crossover, SUV...I definitely view it more in the wagon family.
                Perhaps it's a case of 'you see what you want to see'.
                '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Took a few pictures of the Flex yesterday outside the local dive...

Comment

Yep. I could definitely see myself in one of those when the time comes for a replacement daily.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've only heard about the Flex before, this is the first time I've seen one, even a picture of. I dunno if I love it or hate it, the front is weird. One of those would probably look pretty good lowered a whole lot
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Here's a pic of one lowered over on the Flex forum:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slammed-Ford-Flex-2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1387040

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

^Lowered does not look right. Unless its on bags and is completely lowered for "parking".

Comment

The reasons you like it are the same reasons I like them too. Yours is sweet..
                            My Niece ran one for years and never had an issue.
                            FWIW.. my wife was not a fan either.
                            I saw one in a cream color with chrome wheels and wood on the sides and just about crashed looking at it.
                            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                            X