Should I do it?............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I do it?............

I have never been a fan of custom wheels..... Want your thoughts please.

Yes i would that would look good

Comment

Not sure if those go with the look of that car. I think some real wire wheels in 16x8 and wide whitewall tires would be badass. That'd leave room for big brakes too.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by panther7t9
        I have never been a fan of custom wheels..... Want your thoughts please.
        May I ask why, if you're not a fan of custom wheels, you're considering getting a set for your car? :confused:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

hmmm..... nah, sorry mang, IMO it just doenst fit.
          sigpic
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

Looks like Cragar S/S wheels? I like them. Hubcaps suck.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
              Not sure if those go with the look of that car. I think some real wire wheels in 16x8 and wide whitewall tires would be badass. That'd leave room for big brakes too.
              You and your goddamn whitewalls.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Panther7t9: I think your car would really pop with the right set of wheels and tires. I'm not really a fan of the s/s, but to each his own. I know when I had the new tires and wheels put on my car, I feel in love all over again. It was like a totally different car, with the "gap" filled on rear and all. If your serious about it, pick out the right set (the one that you want) and go for it. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                  You and your goddamn whitewalls.
                  Whitewalls only belong on certain cars (and wheels), and if he gets s/s wheels, I don't think the whitewalls belong on them.

Hell, I don't even like raised white letters (the 70's were 35 yrs ago). Give me a nice finished black sidewall, and I'm happy.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing some true wire wheels on there, or even the wire wheels from a box Town Car. I agree with gadget73, full hub caps suck, especially when they don't spin true.

Comment

I'd say get at least 16" wheels and as wide as your willing to go....how about an older Rally type wheel? those will always look good and they were OEM for some models
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

those would look pretty kool...
                        or maybe even a set of these babies....I think these look good with whitewalls...nice, but not overstated.
                        Chrome plated smoothie steel wheel. Includes cap. Go Old School with Cragar smoothie steel wheels!
                        sigpic
                        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

'89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i say get a set of 2002 crown vic sport 17" wheels

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

hmm... Keystone Klassics on that?
                              hmm...could work sind eit is black...
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X