Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    Oh, he knows.

Leave a comment:

• 1987cp
    replied
    Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
    Went to Pirates house this morning and picked up the engine. Got two oil pans, accessory brackets, headers, two sets of upper and lower EFI intakes, fuel rail, 3G alternator, and the EFI computer and complete harness from his T-bird for 200 bucks.
    Did you remember to tell him he's a jerk?

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    He's putting a 4.6 in the 92 T-Bird, wanted to dump all of his 5.0 stuff because it was taking up space in the garage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0621.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1272923Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0622.jpg
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1272924Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0623.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1272925

He also gave me a deep AOD truck pan, so that'll be cool. I'm probably going to be going carb, so if anyone wants any of this EFI shit, let me know. I'll probably list it in For Sale.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    wow... he's parting that thing out cheap. must really wanna get rid of that heap.

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    Went to Pirates house this morning and picked up the engine. Got two oil pans, accessory brackets, headers, two sets of upper and lower EFI intakes, fuel rail, 3G alternator, and the EFI computer and complete harness from his T-bird for 200 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    I'm picking up an engine, plus a shit ton of extra goodies for it tomorrow. It's a rollerblock from a T-bird. Pirate is selling it to me. Should be fun.

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    Plus, the 240 is wiped out, it's been rebuilt once before back in the 80's or so, and it's making a lot of noise now. Would be more cost effective to find different running gear. I may be able to get a 302 roller block here pretty soon, with EFI that would beat the pants off of a 240 or 300 any day in MPG, HP, and torque.

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    I need more power and better fuel economy.

Leave a comment:

• p71towny
    replied
    Inline six for the win. You're better off.

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    Indeed. But I'll put money into the truck where I should be. Making the brakes work. I guess if I'm going to go fast I should be able to slow down. Never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    bah!

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    Well that dream was fun while it lasted. Fucking water heater in the RV sprung a leak after I repaired it, so I gotta spend the money on one of those. Shit never ends.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    nice.

Leave a comment:

• grandpaslincoln
    replied
    By this time tomorrow I'll have a 306, an AOD, and some go fast parts in the bed of Pebbles, all for $350.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X