No announcement yet.

New Manifold!(again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any time the intake manifold is removed the oil MUST be changed........ask gadget what might happen

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yeah there is a HO in my car for a reason other than performance. Something about an intake swap and a spun bearing the next day after not changing the oil.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        In D, you should be able to get a downshift to second any any speed under about 50, but not above 55. If it won't kick down from D at 40, there is something wrong.
        Thain, all that depends on gears tho - I did a lil experiment last time I drove the Townie, I made a turn onto a loong straight empty street and floored it - spun in 1st, then hooked, got in 2nd, spun, hooked, and kept 2nd not to 65mph like I was saying before, but all the way to 75mph where I let off a bit and she immediately went into 3rd. I've had her on the freeway at like 60-65, put the pedal to the floor and she hits 2nd every time. This is with 3.08 gears.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
          any time the intake manifold is removed the oil MUST be changed........ask gadget what might happen
          Unless you drain some coolant first - dunno about Fords, but there ain't no small-block Chevy that I've worked on that ever got coolant in the oil. When I swapped intakes in my own truck I don't think I ever changed the oil since, when I sold it it would still hold 45ps hot curb idle (so about 400-500 rpms), and that's after being taken to past 5500 rpms more times than I can remember...

Comment

oh, I'm sorry Scott...yea, oil and oil filter were changed right after I did it.
            sigpic
            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

There is residual coolant in the manifold even if you drain it. Not much, but it doesn't take much if the motor is tired. I get away with it on my Chevy motors in the boat by draining the block. I can't get the block drains out of the 302, and it always dumps a little coolant down there. I could probably get away with it by removing the thermostat and using a vacuum to suck the bit of coolant out of the manifold, but I like to change oil whenever I have the motor opened anyway, just in case I introduce some dirt or whatever.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                Thain, all that depends on gears tho - I did a lil experiment last time I drove the Townie, I made a turn onto a loong straight empty street and floored it - spun in 1st, then hooked, got in 2nd, spun, hooked, and kept 2nd not to 65mph like I was saying before, but all the way to 75mph where I let off a bit and she immediately went into 3rd. I've had her on the freeway at like 60-65, put the pedal to the floor and she hits 2nd every time. This is with 3.08 gears.

I can take 2nd all the way to 70 no problem, with the slow revving 351 (4300 rpm shifts) and 2.73s. If I put it on the floor above 55, I get 2nd every time... Lower gears would obviously change that though.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

pulling it into 2nd have had it up to a bit over 85 and still pullling
                  Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    I can take 2nd all the way to 70 no problem, with the slow revving 351 (4300 rpm shifts) and 2.73s. If I put it on the floor above 55, I get 2nd every time... Lower gears would obviously change that though.
                    Hehe - my new car does that with 3.27s. Shifts 2-3 at around 85mph at WOT.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                    X