"Big Red" leaving the family...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Big Red" leaving the family...

Well mangs, my presence on here has been pretty minimal the past several months, my life has been jam-packed with things going on. In the past several months I have moved, gotten a new job, purchased a car, and gotten a dog. It has been quite busy.

Sadly, due to financial factors, time issues, as well as space factors, etc., I am no longer going to be able to keep my merc around. It saddens me as I feel I am parting with an old close friend.

So, I am turning to you guys. I would really like to see her go to a good home. I am not going to want much more than you could get for a scrap car. I MIGHT could even be convinced to give it away...

This merc needs a lil bit of TLC to finish what I started, and turn her back into a queen of the road. Otherwise, I will have to part her out and/or just scrap her. For me, this is almost not an option, however, if I cannot find someone to assume her ownership, then it will be a cold, hard reality.

I won't enumerate here what I have done and what could/should/needs to be done. All I will say is that she is drivable, just needs a new ignition module and battery cables. The rest can be said later.

If anyone has any interest please contact me. Or if you know of anyone who would be interested...you know what to do.

Again, I would much rather see this car go to a "loving home" than to a scarp yard. And would be glad to answer any questions.

cherma22@yahoo.com
    sigpic

Cardomain page

"It's not rocket surgery!!"

Originally posted by 87mercman View Post
    I won't enumerate here what I have done...
    What, you couldn't take the few seconds to list...

Engine: stock T-bird 5.0 HO, with a 91 mustang mass air conversion using a t-bird 70 mm sensor and mustang eec, K&N intake, BBK intake space, 19 lb ford motorsports injectors

Exhaust: dual IMCO turbo mufflers

Suspension: mostly stock, coil-over shocks in the rear, and a 1 in rear sway bar.

Audio: All Alpine system, MP3 head unit, 4 in speakers in dash, 6 in in front doors, and 6x9 on rear deck, 2 10 in Alpine subs in trunk, and a 350 watt RMS amp under the front seat

Rearend: Stock Open 3.27

Interior: Tach, and Guages

You gotta sell the thing, if you want it to go to a good home. Me, I was thinking, ho-hum, another average GM. Low and behold, it's got a better engine, and some tunes on the inside. This could be a good deal for someone in the eastern half of the states.
    1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Were are you located now? I am in Monroe, NC.

I may be able to take it off your hands, for the right price. I have enough space here for a small junkyard of cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
        What, you couldn't take the few seconds to list...

Engine: stock T-bird 5.0 HO, with a 91 mustang mass air conversion using a t-bird 70 mm sensor and mustang eec, K&N intake, BBK intake space, 19 lb ford motorsports injectors

Exhaust: dual IMCO turbo mufflers

Suspension: mostly stock, coil-over shocks in the rear, and a 1 in rear sway bar.

Audio: All Alpine system, MP3 head unit, 4 in speakers in dash, 6 in in front doors, and 6x9 on rear deck, 2 10 in Alpine subs in trunk, and a 350 watt RMS amp under the front seat

Rearend: Stock Open 3.27

Interior: Tach, and Guages

You gotta sell the thing, if you want it to go to a good home. Me, I was thinking, ho-hum, another average GM. Low and behold, it's got a better engine, and some tunes on the inside. This could be a good deal for someone in the eastern half of the states.
        I didn't take that time as I didn't have the time to list all that, as well as enumerate the "down-sides"...

Those are that I did take the audio out...

The car is half primed for paint...

The rear windows need new motors...

No A/C as I pulled it to "lighten" the car...

Etc....as there are most likely more, but I really can't think right now...

Also note:

I have a Trac-lock for it that I was going to put in, as well as the rest of the HO Intake (Upper and TB).

Though there is no audio, I will be willing to include the 2 sets of 4" Alpine speakers I bought for it, as well as the custom trunk sub boxes...just let me know.

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
        Were are you located now? I am in Monroe, NC.

I may be able to take it off your hands, for the right price. I have enough space here for a small junkyard of cars.
        I live in the ATL metro now, but the car is still located in Greenville, SC. As to price...If I feel that she is going to a good home, I'd part with it for almost scrap price. That is what I've actually been recommended to do with her...but I don't want that. So, to make things fair, I'd say around $500. I'd be willing to let you look at her in the present, unwashed, etc. condition and make your own judgement, but that seems fair to me for the parts you could pull out/off.
        sigpic

Cardomain page

Comment

Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?
          sigpic

Cardomain page

Comment

I'd love to be able to take it off your hands, and save it from the crusher. I'll send you a PM and see if we can work something out.

Comment

I may be saving "Big Red" folks, stay tuned...

Comment

Well mangs, Brandon, aka LTDMan83, came down today and took Big Red home to live with him. She's in good hands now and I hope she enjoys her new life.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Cardomain page

Comment

nice another panther live!
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X