My Free Hot Rod(Crown Vic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea like i was doing. lol

And ok about taking them off...really simple. The one on the fenders have a couple of screws in the wheel well. Then just grab it and pull/slide it towards the wheel, they should then come right off. The doors have two acorn nuts and the front and rear of each door. Remove the nuts then push the exposed thread outwards and grab the trim and just pull till it pops off. I have no idea how that tiny piece is held on between rear wheel well and rear door, but my best guess is just two screws and it comes right off. And for the 1/4 panels just remove a couple of screws and slide it like you did with the front fender. And yes more body work will have to be done because there will be a hell of a lot of metal tits that held on the clips that held on the trim.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks cool! Unique.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i like it! get it all cleaned and shined up, itll look great
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
        1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
        http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

Thanks, I'm sure there won't be another one that looks like it runnin around, so I guess if I don't like how it looks, at least its a one of a kind. Lol
          Well I can say I like how the "C" pillar seems turned out.
          I got the silver pin strip on, and all the chrome. But its gettin dark so I couldn't pull it out in the sun to take any pics. But the pin strip helped it look better ( well so did the chrome)lol.

I'll post some more pics when I get it all cleaned up.
          sigpic

Comment

Well got the bottom half cleaned and waxed. But I could only get one pic to upload off my blackberry. So that's all I can show u guys right now.

I do have to say I do like how it turned out. Not too bad for a cheap Rustolium. paint job.
            sigpic

Comment

I think its hot. and how did you apply the paint? roller, air, spray paint???

hmmm come to think of it nobody that i have seen has preformed a White out treatment on the grille and headlight bezels.....
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I like it! That looks pretty damn good if you ask me! You do very good work!

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Thanks guys.

As for paint. Its spray paint.

The grill n stuff was left stock.
                  I'll get more pics posted in a couple hours.
                  sigpic

Comment

more pics, the hood and trunk lid still have hail dents on them, but thats because i didn't want to fix them. I have yet to go get the parts car from my Dads friend(thats why I'm gettin a good deal on it) and when i get it I'll swap on a strait hood and trunk lid..

Last edited by hav24wheel; 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Very nice picture.

Hows the sun roof working out for you? How does it look from the inside?
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Very nice picture.
                        Hows the sun roof working out for you? How does it look from the inside?
                        Thanks,
                        so far so good on the sun roof. i need to get some different screws to go in the trim ring. i stripped the heads on some, so I'll get some hex head screws.. Right now from the inside it looks like poo.. lol i have not put a headlinner back in it yet.. the stock one was shot and fallin apart...
                        sigpic

Comment

Mark of the Devil

Is that a bad thing?

sigpic

Comment

What kinda spray paint did you use?

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

For primer I used RUST-OLEUM STOPS RUST Automobile primer. Than the paint is the RUST-OLEUM STOPS RUST Gloss protective enamel.
                              sigpic

Comment

The primer and paint

The silver pin stripe.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X