My 1986 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1986 Mercury Grand Marquis

Well, I finally got around to posting some pictures of my car... since it's rather non-driver friendly at the moment (it dies when switching from park to drive, reverse, etc, unless you give it gas while switching... once you've got it moving, it's fine though... still trying to figure out this problem)

Anyways, here you go!

Pardon the dust... it was sitting outside for a few days with a large wildfire going on in the canyons near my house.... need to give it a good wash and wax.

1986 Mercury Grand Marquis 5.0 LS, named "Ulysses "

Very nice. I am liking the coach roof.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

My 2-door does the same thing, stalls when switching from park to drive or drive to reverse BUT it only does it when its cold and if I let it warm up for a solid 5 minutes it is fine. I think it is just because my engine could use a rebuild, because it doesnt idle to smoothly anyways.

Oh an thats a beautiful Grand Marq!
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Nice box...We hope it will become driver friendly soon!
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That's a clean MGM. The friggin bumpers look like they're untouched. IMO, get those bumper stickers off and let them shine. Hope ya solve your engine issues.

Packman

Comment

Yeah, the body is in excellent shape, aside from a few tiny paint scratches. The interior is also really clean, aside from the dial on the windshield wiper lever… it popped off, and is held together with super glue at the moment. I’ll get some pictures of the interior up soon too.

Hehe, the bumper stickers were on it since I got it (been too busy working with the engine to even consider really cleaning up the outside)

If I can’t get the problems with the engine fixed in the next couple of months or so, I might be putting it up on the market (though I really don’t want to!) I love cruising around in it!

Comment

Clean the IAC motor and the throttle body with some carb cleaner and a tooth brush, also, replace the ACT Sensor on the lower intake manifold on the driver's side in the front. That should help your cold start problem. Also, what rpm are you idling at? It should be around 650-750rpm

Comment

My Vic used to die on my like that, sometimes when just sitting at a light in gear it would die. I replaced the ignition coil and it was problem free since then, so you could check that.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Well, I got the stalling problem fixed after getting a new IAC and cleaning out the ATC, but as soon as I was all happy with that.... guess what! Another problem! Looks like this one is electrical... the radio and the clock keep on shutting off at random times while I'm driving, but I still have interior lights, headlights, and all other power... quite strange.

Anyways, I was washing and waxing today, and I thought I'd share some cleaner pics of my car with you guys. It really looks good, in my opinion, but I think I need to go with a better wax... was just using some old turtle wax I found in the garage...

Comment

very nice!
                    gotta love those california creampuffs!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Sweet! Shiny shiny.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice mang ca blue plate car

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                        X