Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great, awesome find.

Comment

wish my wagon had that rear!!! maybe I can sneak down and swap it and he will never know!!hehehe
      '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
      "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
      "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
      "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
      "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

it's probably out of view behind 6 other panthers so you've got a good chance
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Okay guys... Just a lil update for you all.

I got the interior carpet out of the car and tossed away. I was hopeing on to just clean it but it was too nasty and it was falling apart. I did order new carpet however from RockAuto. I do have some minor minor surface spots on the pans that I will be sanding and I'm going to undercoat it all real well before the carpet goes back. also I'm thinking of not even putting insulation in it as of right now anyways... It'll be a bit lighter, and I really dont see what its going to hurt to not have insulation... I care less about road and exhuast sound from inside.

Also I will be getting that tranny in this bitch! I'm tired of not being able to move it around or drive it. Good news is I found and AOD that has been rebuilt. I'm unaware of the miles but the fluid looked really good in it when I pulled it out. It looked alot better than the other tranny I was going to put in it that only had 150K miles. Fluid was brown in it.

Comment

awesome! i'm surprised it didnt have a rubber floor being a fleet vehicle. interesting. Hope the tranny works well!
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
              wait so it DOES have an oil cooler? hmm interesting some peeps on here just told me NO panther 5.0's got an oil cooler :P how about that hehe...
              I've got a bone stock '89 Grand Marquis that has the "Performance Package" (aka "towing option") that has the air-to-air trans cooler along with K-code rear end, 11" rear brakes, front and rear sway bars, and dual exhaust -- all stock.

Comment

Originally posted by TomO View Post
                . . . air-to-air trans cooler . . .
                ooops. I meant to say air-cooled auxiliary trans cooler.

Comment

Cool wagon mang. Good luck on getting her mobile. You can tell that pale yellow was a special order or 'fleet' color because of the gray bumper fillers. Ford did that with all the special color paint jobs.

Isaiah

Comment

Originally posted by TomO View Post
                    I've got a bone stock '89 Grand Marquis that has the "Performance Package" (aka "towing option") that has the air-to-air trans cooler along with K-code rear end, 11" rear brakes, front and rear sway bars, and dual exhaust -- all stock.
                    Sounds like you have one awesome civi GM, do you know what size sway bars you have? i'd be interested in seeing if they were cop size or civi sized bars
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Nice, very nice! DO you got the larger rear sway bar? The wagon I stripped had a larger front sway bar than my stock CV.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                        Sounds like you have one awesome civi GM, do you know what size sway bars you have? i'd be interested in seeing if they were cop size or civi sized bars
                        I don't know what size the sway bars are, but I could try to measure them and let you know. It would be a guestimate since I don't have calipers.

I'll send you a message with the measurements -- sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Comment

Working...
                        X