• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Mercury Marquis-meteor wagon

figured I should make a new thread for the wagon now that I have more time

1981 Mercury Marquis-Meteor wagon. Total Production 2219 units

This car has 61,000 Original kilometers on it

Before and after of restoring the air cleaner.

8 hours later:

More detailing will take place over the next while but I have been trying to find the time to do that breather

Comment

That wagon is magnificent! Those cars are soul mates! Is the gold snorkle stock? What's the meteor package give ya?

Comment

The gold is stock. It's not a perfect match but close. It used to be that gold zinc coating.

The meteor is basically just a left over vin code. It's a plain stripped down model. This one has some ordered options so it's not completly base but it is a crank window car with no power locks (except the tail gate)
        Last edited by Sign of the Cat; 12-29-2010, 08:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

That air cleaner looks amazing

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
          351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
          duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

That is a beautiful looking car!

Comment

Super nice!

Does it say 'Meteor' on the back?

Pete
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

No dosent say meteor on the car anywhere but it's is by definition in all the paperwork for a Marquis sold in Canada through the vin number

Comment

sweet!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Very clean wagon! Not many left in this condition.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The goldish color is yellow zinc chromate. They actually sell spray paint in that color, don't know how close it really is tho.

Nice clean car BTW.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        The goldish color is yellow zinc chromate. They actually sell spray paint in that color, don't know how close it really is tho.

Nice clean car BTW.
                        Exactly. The kit is very expensive to do that. Atleast the one that remotly looks correct. Eastwood makes it. I will eventually try it but for now this works to protect it.

Comment

I've seen the zinc chromate kits used. The results were good, but it was done by a guy who is something of a wizard with spraybombs.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I don't think one could ask for a more perfect pair of cars...except if you wanted to throw an '81 tudor into the mix.

Beautiful cars!

sigpic
                            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                            X