'06 p71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'06 p71

Well, I got myself a nice CV the other day. I'm in Texas right now, about to leave the Army, and I need a car that I know will pass Ca smog laws. My '02 Ranger most likely won't so I talked my folks into picking up this thing for me, so I'm not out of a vehicle when I go back. The hub caps that are on it right now make me want to barf. When I get back I think the first thing I do to it will be some nice rims.

Do you know what agency it is from ? I saw from the license plate frame it was bought in Turlock Ca. It looks good.

Comment

I don't, but I'd guess Modesto PD, Turlock PD, or maybe even Merced PD. I don't know where they do the auctions around here. The only thing I dislike about it is those nasty hub caps, ofc they're already ripped off of it.

Comment

Looks good, silicone hoses and it looks like the big alternator. Enjoy!
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Well, finally got the new rims and tires on the car. Going to get a tint done to it so this desert sun can stop blinding me, and that'll be all I do with her for now.

Comment

'79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

"....and that'll be all I do with her for now." Famous last words of pretty much everybody in this forum. Nice CV

Packman

Comment

note the "for now" part. This typically means "until I get more money saved up to buy parts".

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

^^^^Legalese for " I don't want to mess with her, but I can't say it, so, 'for now' it is." It's my way of neither affirming nor denying what may happen. That's how I see it; or that's what I say to myself anyways. Unfortunately these days, I say the opposite with every intention to mess with the vehicles; then it doesn't happen for one reason or the other. *painful sigh*

Packman

Comment

DOH!

need more money and time...
                    *work*work*work*

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Someone I can relate to, yes!

Need more Whales.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

LOL well I do have more plans, but I am lacking the wallet girth to accommodate them at the moment. Also, those rims are 17x9's +33mm offset. And to my delight they fit well. I was worried, so I had bought 10mm spacers just in case. So if anyone needs spacers I have a set of hub-centric spacers.

Comment

Working...
                        X