Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power window - gritty noise - doesn't go down/up 00 Merc GS

hey, my 2000 merc GS has a little bit of an issue

the left rear passenger window doesn't go down. it used to squeak really loud when it went up and down. now it just makes a gritty noise and doesn't budge.

my right passenger window stopped working for about 3 days but is working normal now.
    2000 MGM LS

Sounds like the cheap ass window regulator went out in it. Its fairly common, but be prepared to shell out some bux to have it replaced. Ange's 95 GM had one go bad and the other windows go slow. I took off all the door panels, greased the shit out of every moving component I could get ahold of and all seems well for now.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yeah, i priced them they're like $85 apiece! gotta love that!
      2000 MGM LS

Comment

Well, its the labor that gets ya, I didn't have the balls to drill out my rivits and pop rivet the new regulator in the glass. I would have swore the glass would shatter when the tech popped the new ones in.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by 00merc
          i've got a few issues

- when i shake the car back and forth, i get a thump in the area of the tire (right rear)

- when i turn, i start to wheel a vibration (wump wump wump wump wump) in the steering wheel, and you can hear it outside of the car (hubs???)

- the wheels sound like they are squeaking as i'm driving (wheel cylinders?)

any ideas? i need to know before i go to the mechanic type feller and he's like "oh that'll be $10,000 for your infusion technology assembly frame device"

you know anything bout these?
          2000 MGM LS

Comment

This might be of some help

This is a must-see site for fans of American luxury hot rods. Message forums, tech advice, news, and automotive performance links are offered for Lincoln Mark VIII and Mark VII, Lincoln LS, Town Car, Continental, Navigator, Aviator, Zephyr, MKR, MKS, MKZ and more.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X