Removing Front Seats 08 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Front Seats 08 Town Car

I really should pull the driver seat as I think a few of the rearmost seat springs have sprung.

Can you easily leave the tracks and motors in the vehicle and remove the seats like on boxes?
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

"easily"... if you have a quarter ratchet and the socket for the screw that holds the seats to the rails, they're pretty much built the same in that regard. The problem comes with the various things up in the seat that is also connected electrically to the rails. You will have to disconnect the airbag pressure sensor (butt in seat sensor), lumbar support hose, seat heaters if equipped, and the seatbelt buckle. It would actually be easier to just unbolt from the floor and disconnect the one massive connector at the floor. (Maybe two if the seatbelt buckle two wire is still separate.)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks, Since I am getting older I have to consider the weight and ungainliness in getting it out of the car undamaged by myself. So we shall see....
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Maybe just unbolt the seat from the floor and rock it into the back seat so you can easily get at the bottom of the seat to see if that is easily removed from the rails.

One more thing. The seat belt buckle should be bolted to the rails as well. You'll have to unbolt that to get the seat off the rails as that feeds down through the seat to the rails. That nut/bolt will be TIGHT.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thank you
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
          X