Simoniz System 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simoniz System 5

My Dad just got two Simoniz System 5 kits for free from a guy we know that works at dealership. He wants to give it a shot on his new truck. I was just wondering if any of you have had any experience or thoughts on it and how well it works if at all. I know lots of places overcharge for paint sealer/protectant gimmicks but it's didn't cost us anything so that part really doesn't matter. I just figure maybe some of you dealer guys might have some insight on whether it does anything. After uses it he'll probably use the 3m Perfect-It Paste Wax on top of it.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

I finally got around to doing some detailing work on my car today and decided to try out System 5. Today I started by doing some final compounding to remove any of the remaining scratches left over from my first time colorsand job last summer. After spot compounding with the 3m Perfect-It Rubbing Compound I followed up with 3m Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover (Dark Formula). Finally I started the System 5 process. The first step is to mix the cleaning concentrate with one gallon of hot water, soap up the car, wait 5-10 min and rinse well. The next & final step was to apply the protectant. The stuff went on and came off fairly easy and left a smooth slick finish. The literature says the shine will deepen as the bond continues to form over the next 24 hrs or so. So I'll have to see how it looks tomorrow. My repaint has been taking a serious beating despite being waxed and diligently cleaning the bird poop so hopefully this will help out some. I plan on following up with hand glaze and 3m Perfect-It paste wax over top of this. Here are some so so cell pics from this evening.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

That looks really good. I'm interested in seeing how long it lasts.

Comment

Thanks, that was before I even put any wax on. I did get a chance to finish up today for the most part. I did three solid coats of the 3m paste over the entire car. On some areas like the a-pillars, roof, and rockers got 4-5 coats since I they catch hell and I don't wax that often. IIRC each coat lasts an about a month so I'm hoping this detail will last until Spring. The System 5 I put on is supposed to serve as the foundation and protect in the event the wax wears off. Hopefully this will keep the bird poop from burning through my clearcoat. From my reading it's supposed to last 5 years on its own and of course has the damage repair warranty if done at a dealership on a new car. I still want to do inside the jams, do some more touchups and will work on getting some camera pictures of the results.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X