Dead Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Pedal

Anyone install one? I want/will install one once get my hands on one and just wanted to know if it has been done yet. I know mustangs etc..have the dimples in behind the kick panel for the two bolts..I cant recall there being anything like that behind mine though. Making up a bracket or whatever is needed wouldn't be a problem,just looking for a heads up if there is one needed.
    Attached Files
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Umm why?
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

ugha please direct yourself to this thread. http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=41764

I want one because I can. As well as so I don't have to mar the carpet in that corner while my foot rests there. I like doing a lot of things just for the hell of it. I don't see any negatives surrounding the installation of one. It would look stock like everything else I do.
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-16-2010, 09:21 PM.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Good luck with it, I can't wait to see how it turns out. I wouldn't mind a dead pedal in my car either, but I've got that retarded push-to-release parking brake that could get in the way
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Dead pedal would sit right up against the firewall. and the bracket would be hidden right behind the edge of the kick panel.
          ~David~

Comment

I have one on the way! Looks as if I wont even need to repaint the bracket...I know the pad will have to be refurbished...nothing some files cant to. The pad is made out of a hard plastic like the bumper guards on 87 and down cars....that can be easily removed and groves reformed and the surface re-planed. If need be the bracket will be blasted and repainted with some paint I have lying around...trim black, gloss black, low gloss black...we will see. First I have to figure out how to mount it once I get my paws on it. Coming for Florida....
            ~David~

Comment

I actually liked the Dead Pedal in my old '99 Taurus. The placement on the floorboard is very key to success or failure though. It was actually mounted on a raised section of the floorpan, made exactly for it, placed in the exact perfect spot. I usually would rest my left foot there while driving. I would say that it is a mod worth doing if it is done right.

Comment

Yes the correct angle is key. I am sure it can get uncomfortable fast if it is mounted all cockeyed. I am looking forward to checking out how things might go together.
                ~David~

Comment

It takes a lots of a bracket to actually get it to a good mounting position. I have a few that I have spent a few minutes mocking up. Of course mine are mustang dead pedals.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Mine too.
                    ~David~

Comment

yay the pedal came today. It is in damn nice shape. Now if only it would get warmer outside so I can actually feel my fingers....I can get this bugger installed.
                      ~David~

Comment

sweet, what car did it come out of?
                        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                        1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

IDK for sure but it came out of a fox body.

It looks as if I will have to acquire another kick panel so I can cut a sleeve for the panel to slide over the pedal. Not enough room to sneak behind the edge of the kick panel so the bracket looks as if it will come through the center of it. I dont want to cut my original one. I'd rather get a second one. Make it fit and dye it the correct color and use that one.

In sum....dead pedal does not go right in. lol
                          ~David~

Comment

if i had a good yard around here id go grab one for ya.
                            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                            1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

No worries. I'll find one. I partially shot myself in the foot with this entire ordeal. I have thick floor mats for the winter, 1/2" thick carpet under-padding as well as sound deadening installed on the floor boards. All of the takes up some room.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X