Express down window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Express down window

Does anyone know how to defeat the express down function on the drivers side window? I have read the articles about how to install it on models that didn't come with it, but I prefer not to have it at all. I would like it to operate like a regular window switch. Any help would be appreciated. It is a 1998 Merc Grand Marquis.

how to defeat it? In every car I've ever been in that has an express-down function, there are two notches. Press lightly and it'll go down as long as you hold it. Press harder and it goes express down.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yeah. Look at the diagrams on the posts we made about doing the modification and remove and connect together the appropriate wires from the module.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You defeat it by either pressing the button again, holding it down, or pressing the opposite direction.

Comment

Crank windows

'93 T-bird
          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
          '88 Mark VII
          '86 CV

Comment

Working...
          X