Is this weird, or normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this weird, or normal?

My '86 Tudor is sand beige in and out...........the steering wheel is beige, but the horn button is grey??
    Was this two tone the way it left the factory, or was that horn button replaced along the way?

Horn button was replaced. I have never seen CV or MGMs with two tone

Comment

Yea Tom, the middle horn button is grey color?......I spotted a '87 wagon for sale on EBAY, and noticed the wheel and horn button one color of beige....so that caused me to wonder if the button was replaced, but why would that soft plastic need replacing?
      Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Horn button was replaced. I have never seen CV or MGMs with two tone

Comment

The contacts behind the cap might have broke off. I had that happen to a cougar we had. You know how NY drivers lay on their horns !

Comment

The horn pad pops right off. Someone probably replaced it at one point.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Oh, I think you mean "You know how LA drivers lay on their horns , especially on the 405 freeway
            The contacts behind the cap might have broke off. I had that happen to a cougar we had. You know how NY drivers lay on their horns !

Comment

Wish I could p/u a beige example, you know to keep everything nice and uniform
              Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              The horn pad pops right off. Someone probably replaced it at one point.

Comment

California drivers don't use their horn. They just use the middle finger. If that doesn't work, out comes the gun. There are two levels of road rage. If the vehicle movements are made, yelling, cursing, that is aggressive driving. If physical fighting,use of weapons etc, that is called road rage. It has got so bad that there are two levels. The worst people to piss off are the gangs.
                They will cap your ass rather than look at you.

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                Oh, I think you mean "You know how LA drivers lay on their horns , especially on the 405 freeway

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                  Wish I could p/u a beige example, you know to keep everything nice and uniform
                  There's one on eBay I've been watching for a while that I just can't bring myself to shell out the money for. $50 + shipping seems excessive but it's for a CV. (Previous owner rubbed the Ford symbol off my horn pad for some reason) Your MGM doesn't use the same horn pad though...

There's a brownish one up on eBay now for around the same price but it's for a later box model GMQ: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1989-Me...812a4d&vxp=mtr

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Wow, things have sure changed out there since I was there in 1975!
                    California drivers don't use their horn. They just use the middle finger. If that doesn't work, out comes the gun. There are two levels of road rage. If the vehicle movements are made, yelling, cursing, that is aggressive driving. If physical fighting,use of weapons etc, that is called road rage. It has got so bad that there are two levels. The worst people to piss off are the gangs.
                    They will cap your ass rather than look at you.

Comment

Thanks for the link, the color is dark brown, my wheel is sand beige, I mean I could use it, but I would be back with a steering wheel and horn button of two different colors, you know I could paint the button on mine with SEM beige paint, but the center Merc emblem would be very hard to mask off.
                      Originally posted by slack View Post
                      There's one on eBay I've been watching for a while that I just can't bring myself to shell out the money for. $50 + shipping seems excessive but it's for a CV. (Previous owner rubbed the Ford symbol off my horn pad for some reason) Your MGM doesn't use the same horn pad though...

There's a brownish one up on eBay now for around the same price but it's for a later box model GMQ: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-1989-Me...812a4d&vxp=mtr

Comment

The emblem in the middle is just held on with a spot of glue. You could pop it off, spray the button, and glue it back on.

Comment

Update!!

Yes!!!

Just scored a NOS horn button (in Ford box) in the correct sand beige color.........price..........a kings ransom.....$25.00

Comment

actually... for a NOS part... that's a damn good price.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah. That's a great deal! Congrats!

Where did you pick yours up?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X