PDA

View Full Version : ScottFest 2012 Thread!

Pages : [1] 2

SVT98t
02-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Ok, so SF12 is 6 months out.
I know, I saw this thread last year and went " Oh man. Six months out? That's a ways away."
And then it was August.
So, I might and well get the buzz going for this year's festivities.

First:
NO CULTURE CLUB

Second:
No maintenance. Unless it's under dire circumstance.
I'm sure Scott would like to go to the track and enjoy the weekend. No J-Mods, no stupid valve stems and guides, no trying to figure out why your MLPS isn't working. I admit I was part of the problem.

Three:
Ease up, have a few Segrams, and calm down. We don't need no stinkin' drama.

Four:
Remember a pillow and a folding chair. I went 0 for 2 on this last year. (Actually, I'm sure my green one is still at Scott's)

Five:
Have fun! We represent an awesome Panther community and online forum! Need proof? Fuck. I just typed that. And you can read it. It's not edited. :-)

Rock and Roll!

-ryan s.

miamibob
02-13-2012, 04:21 PM
First:
NO CULTURE CLUB

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me"?????

gadget73
02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
First:
NO CULTURE CLUB

"Do You Really Want To Hurt Me"?????

Bring some and find out :D

I have to admit, I brought that album. I did it on purpose as a joke, fully intending to see it destroyed. I was sort of hoping it would go in a more spectacular manner involving either a bonfire or firearms, but it died and thats the important thing. I can bring up a few more turds this year if someone wants to use them for target practice.

Grand Marquis GT
02-13-2012, 04:51 PM
If I come this year, I have PLENTY of ammo.

Mercracer
02-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Weekend of August 11-12th is still a good weekend. I am optimistic regarding my "new" project. I am hoping to have it ready for True Street in Chicago (Joliet) July 14th-15th NMRA/NMCA Superbowl of Drag Racing.

chitownvic
02-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Im gunna try and make it this year!

mercurygm88
02-13-2012, 06:27 PM
If I come this year, I have PLENTY of ammo.

What are we shooting?

miamibob
02-13-2012, 06:32 PM
What or who???

MattsLincoln
02-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Bring some and find out :D

I have to admit, I brought that album. I did it on purpose as a joke, fully intending to see it destroyed. I was sort of hoping it would go in a more spectacular manner involving either a bonfire or firearms, but it died and thats the important thing. I can bring up a few more turds this year if someone wants to use them for target practice.

i always love being with other panther lovers so im in. thain bring as many shitty albums you have i would love to try my sword slicing techniques on them.

Grand Marquis GT
02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
What are we shooting?

I'll give you a hint:

Gun > Sword every time.

SVT98t
02-13-2012, 09:02 PM
i always love being with other panther lovers so im in. thain bring as many shitty albums you have i would love to try my sword slicing techniques on them.

As long as you don't try to pepper the front of my Marauder with rocks.

-ryan s.

gadget73
02-13-2012, 09:33 PM
swordfighting is a bit too Culture Club-esque. If they are to be destroyed, it will be in a fiery inferno or with projectile weapons. I think all I have left are a few crappy 70s disco-ish albums. I ended up with these from my uncle when he died. I can only assume some girlfriend left them because I can't imagine him listening to this crap, especially given the rest of his records.

miamibob
02-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Will my flamethrower be of help???

MattsLincoln
02-13-2012, 10:06 PM
swordfighting is a bit too Culture Club-esque. If they are to be destroyed, it will be in a fiery inferno or with projectile weapons. I think all I have left are a few crappy 70s disco-ish albums. I ended up with these from my uncle when he died. I can only assume some girlfriend left them because I can't imagine him listening to this crap, especially given the rest of his records.

then in that case i will see if i can borrow my brothers AK-47 for some shoot em up records :)

MattsLincoln
02-13-2012, 10:07 PM
As long as you don't try to pepper the front of my Marauder with rocks.

-ryan s.

im driving sefi powered panther now that should not be an issue. that was all cfi doing.

1987cp
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM
What's CFI have to do with chucking rocks at other cars? :confused:

MattsLincoln
02-13-2012, 10:34 PM
What's CFI have to do with chucking rocks at other cars? :confused:

the eec-iii cfi was a wacked out animal. it could not hold light throttle steadily it would stall out if attempted. you had to give the car a good amount of pedal pressure for it to stay running which always caused the tires to spin on wet or loose pavement like rocks and sand. let just say eec-iii is cursed. i dont miss that at all from my merc what a horrible system. i know i will have to put up with it's bullshit again when i obtain my mark vi in the future till i can swap motors at that time.

1980c10
02-13-2012, 10:35 PM
I can't wait to drink a couple brews with ye mangs again and shoot the shit for several hours. I had a good time last year.

MrMarquis
02-14-2012, 04:35 AM
We have a SF2k12 thread...has there been an official date decided on?

Three:
Ease up, have a few Segrams, and calm down. We don't need no stinkin' drama.

Seagram's. I can do that. :pilot:

zoomie
02-14-2012, 05:44 AM
hmmm hey matt want to race for pinks? lol im planning ion staying a little longer this time, and btw i should be able to do a successful trans mod by that time, with some revisions of course. I hope that i dont have to jump anyones case this year, id like to just relax, last year there was an issues of a young un running around at night in a truck with no headslights. i have a new surpise this year for you all, should be interesting. although just to put the word out now, i will probably have a 90-91 AOD freshened up and also a mild stall converter, or two to sell if anyone needs a good lincoln trans.might be funny and bring a 4r70w down too, just to be funny. might even bring a boom boom too, we will see if i can afford one or not.

SVT98t
02-14-2012, 07:42 AM
I can't wait to drink a couple brews with ye mangs again and shoot the shit for several hours. I had a good time last year.

OOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEE,,,,,,,,,, TTTWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,, FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVV VEEEEE!!!!!!!!

-ryan s.

MattsLincoln
02-14-2012, 02:16 PM
OOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEE,,,,,,,,,, TTTWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,,, FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVV VEEEEE!!!!!!!!

-ryan s.

seagrams are good but i choose to drink alcoholic beverages responsibly and only drink one at the end of the day after all driving is done. one thing i dont like is drunk driving so i obey those laws.

SVT98t
02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
That was a reference to drag racing.
And aren't you like 19 anyways??

-ryan s.

mercurygm88
02-14-2012, 03:02 PM
On second thought it shouldnt be too bad of a drive this year since I actually have A/C now. I never realized how miserable life w/o it is until last summer.

MattsLincoln
02-14-2012, 03:09 PM
That was a reference to drag racing.
And aren't you like 19 anyways??

-ryan s.

wow im must look young for my age then. when scottfest 2012 is happening i will be 21.

Piece-it pete
02-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Time to eat the worm!

Pete

tjc78
02-14-2012, 04:09 PM
when scottfest 2012 is happening i will be 21.

What better time to meet some friends..... Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker and Jose!!!!!

Grand Marquis GT
02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Oh god, Matt drunk? This isn't going to end well...

tjc78
02-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Its a requirement of turning 21.... :5cups:

Grand Marquis GT
02-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Still ain't going to end well.

1980c10
02-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Matt don't try to make a smart comment when you have no idea. Also if youre 20 and people think you're 19 that doesn't mean you look young for your age, it means you look the correct age.

Anyway back on topic. Ahhhhh cold brews and bullshittin lol.

86VickyLX
02-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Looking forward to SF 2012. We need an exact date though! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. Dibs on a mattress and or couch in the house.

87gtVIC
02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Like I say in all these threads...I will make an appearance....and PLEASE NO FREAKIN guns in the hands of drunks or incompetent people.

MattsLincoln
02-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Like I say in all these threads...I will make an appearance....and PLEASE NO FREAKIN guns in the hands of drunks or incompetent people.

honestly i really dont plan on getting drunk. scottfest is a festivity for panther lovers not to get drunk at just my :2cents:. i get dibs on the sofa chair fold out couch whichever one is not occuppied by thain and john. i will come down a day earlier to go with/take scott, jess, and skippy to the grocery store to help buy some food for the festivities. i plan to bring around $800 on me this year since i have a bigger wallet this year now:)

86VickyLX
02-14-2012, 09:50 PM
honestly i really dont plan on getting drunk. scottfest is a festivity for panther lovers not to get drunk at just my :2cents:. i get dibs on the sofa chair fold out couch whichever one is not occuppied by thain and john. i will come down a day earlier to go with/take scott, jess, and skippy to the grocery store to help buy some food for the festivities. i plan to bring around $800 on me this year since i have a bigger wallet this year now:)

Lets get one thing straight, Thain and I are not sharing a couch ot bed. There was that one time in Georgia, but that was purely circumstantial.

Dave bring the Crown Vic this year...

Grand Marquis GT
02-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Not bringing a watermelon this year? :smirk:

86VickyLX
02-14-2012, 09:59 PM
I remember the day Chris shot it lmfao.

79lincolnlover
02-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Don't forget to destroy an old couch ;)

MattsLincoln
02-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Don't forget to destroy an old couch ;)

fuck yo couch that was fricken hilarious. no john i was talking about last scottfest you got the sofa and thain got the matress and i had the filp out sofa which will work for me again.

86VickyLX
02-15-2012, 12:40 AM
fuck yo couch that was fricken hilarious. no john i was talking about last scottfest you got the sofa and thain got the matress and i had the filp out sofa which will work for me again.

That's at a scrapyard somewhere now. That one is gone...

MattsLincoln
02-15-2012, 01:06 AM
That's at a scrapyard somewhere now. That one is gone...

i will bring up a air matress then or sleep on the floor.

zoomie
02-15-2012, 02:01 AM
queen air matteress in a huge tent ftw!

zoomie
02-15-2012, 04:55 PM
im driving sefi powered panther now that should not be an issue. that was all cfi doing.
or you just have a lead foot

86VickyLX
02-15-2012, 06:12 PM
or you just have a lead foot

I don't normally stick up for Matt, but it was the CFI. Had to give it a little more throttle or the engine would stall.

zoomie
02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I don't normally stick up for Matt, but it was the CFI. Had to give it a little more throttle or the engine would stall.
my 85 mgm didnt do that, but then again matts car had issues

MattsLincoln
02-15-2012, 09:40 PM
my 85 mgm didnt do that, but then again matts car had issues

that could be becuase you had eec iv cfi which was much better than eeci iii cfi which was a disaster out of the factory.

Mercracer
02-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Looking forward to SF 2012. We need an exact date though!

Scott gave the nod to August 10th-14th in the other thread...

SVT98t
02-16-2012, 07:45 AM
And I have my vacation time in for SF12 already!

-ryan s.

pantera77
02-16-2012, 10:51 PM
I know I've said this the past 2 years, but I will attempt to make it this year.

Grand Marquis GT
02-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Considering I'll be going through IQT at the time SF12 will be going on, I won't be there.

I am hoping I'll be in an airplane during that time :crazy:

Andypot1985
02-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Seeing this thread made my day. Bring on August!

sly
02-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I might come by my lonesome this year and camp out (big tent and queen size air mattress ftw indeed).

That's a very BIG might though. Some seriously needed events need to fall into place first though.

pantera77
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
Scott gave the nod to August 10th-14th in the other thread...

Well then never mind.

mercurygm88
02-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Ill be there regardless of the date. Unless some cataclysmic event impedes my progress.

1987cp
02-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I might come by my lonesome this year and camp out (big tent and queen size air mattress ftw indeed).

That's a very BIG might though. Some seriously needed events need to fall into place first though.

If you're coming east, maybe I can try to arrange that you can take a new black sedan home with you? :) :-) ;) :D

sly
02-17-2012, 04:22 PM
If you're coming east, maybe I can try to arrange that you can take a new black sedan home with you? :) :-) ;) :D

who's gonna drive it? I'll be driving my own car.

tjc78
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
who's gonna drive it? I'll be driving my own car.

Details, details.........

CheeseSteakJim
02-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Oh God, if shooting is going to happen I'm going to bring some of the arsenal...

1987cp
02-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Details, details.........

^^^ Yep!

85crownHPP
02-18-2012, 09:09 AM
If people will be bringing guns, if Scott approves, we should make and stick to some pretty strict 'all weapons and ammo must be in locking cases with trigger locks at all times' policy, seeing how we sometimes have youngsters without the greatest judgment in attendance.
I love guns and would be glad to help burn up some ammo :)

85crownHPP
02-18-2012, 09:09 AM
If people will be bringing guns, if Scott approves, we should make and stick to some pretty strict 'all weapons and ammo must be in locking cases with trigger locks at all times' policy, seeing how we sometimes have youngsters without the greatest judgment in attendance.

mercurygm88
02-18-2012, 10:15 AM

I agree with this as I always transport everything in a locked case.

Grand Marquis GT
02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Numerous people conceal carried last year and it wasn't an issue.

Mercracer
02-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree with this as I always transport everything in a locked case.I don't. The only time I lock my case is when I travel on a plane.
Let's take this discussion temporarily to the Mod forum... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?46171-Wild-West-at-SF&p=655428#post655428

SVT98t
02-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Ahh. I'll bring some wings down.
We're going to have to make a "Food to Bring" and "Parts for Sale" thread. I mean, In like 4 months when we get closer. There's no need for it now.
And I would still like to bring both cars. The Tank should look different in the coming months, and I would like to race some Boxes in the Tank!!

-ryan s.

mercurygm88
02-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't. The only time I lock my case is when I travel on a plane.
Let's take this discussion temporarily to the Mod forum... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?46171-Wild-West-at-SF&p=655428#post655428

It doenst really matter to me one way or the other I just do what I do because its the way I was taught to do things. As for people bringing guns it doesnt really matter to me what the verdict is if its no then thats fine thats less money I spend on ammo.

87gtVIC
02-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't want any bullet holes in my car or my person. :)

Mercracer
02-18-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't want any bullet holes in my car or my person.
There is a difference between fixing an actual historical problem and looking for a solution to a non-existent problem.

phobia [ˈfəʊbɪə] an abnormal intense and irrational fear of a given situation, organism, or object

CheeseSteakJim
02-18-2012, 02:54 PM
In the end it's all Scott's call as to whether shooting on his property is allowed or not. Needless to say, my firearms, my freedom, and my life are all valuable to me, and who gets to handle my firearms, loaded or not, is going to be a very strict decision on my part. Needless to say, there are only a few people who would be allowed to handle my firearms - based upon how well I know you, how well I perceive your judgement and common sense to be, and how experienced you are with gun and gun safety. When not in my direct supervision, my firearms would stay locked away to prevent misuse and/or mishandling - those who choose to drink will be barred from firearms until they are sober.

Though again, it's Scott's call and what he says will have to be followed by everyone looking to bring toys along. I am ignorant on PA laws regarding discharging firearms on private property, and since discharging a gun is a relatively noisy affair, if it's not completely within the law then it is a bad idea.

Mercracer
02-18-2012, 02:55 PM
In the end it's all Scott's call......
Obviously, this is fact....

mercurygm88
02-18-2012, 02:59 PM
In the end it's all Scott's call as to whether shooting on his property is allowed or not. Needless to say, my firearms, my freedom, and my life are all valuable to me, and who gets to handle my firearms, loaded or not, is going to be a very strict decision on my part. Needless to say, there are only a few people who would be allowed to handle my firearms - based upon how well I know you, how well I perceive your judgement and common sense to be, and how experienced you are with gun and gun safety. When not in my direct supervision, my firearms would stay locked away to prevent misuse and/or mishandling - those who choose to drink will be barred from firearms until they are sober.

Though again, it's Scott's call and what he says will have to be followed by everyone looking to bring toys along. I am ignorant on PA laws regarding discharging firearms on private property, and since discharging a gun is a relatively noisy affair, if it's not completely within the law then it is a bad idea.

I agree and i also am completely ignorant of PA laws though I highly doubt they are as lax and nearly non-existant as ohios laws. In ohio as long as your outside of the city limits you can make all the noise you want as early as you want or as late as you want provided your on your own property thats pretty lenient.

CheeseSteakJim
02-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Obviously, this is fact....

To you and I and most others it goes without saying, but I felt it ought to be stated just to ensure everyone understood that fact. We have had issues with people not understanding this in the past.

1980c10
02-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't know why it's even a topic. As Tom said several peoPle had there cc firearm on them and we had no problems.

Mercracer
02-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't know why it's even a topic. ...
Me either. I do not see the issue. I am simply addressing the proposed extreme restrictions.

86VickyLX
02-18-2012, 10:51 PM
We need a Honda to shoot!

Andypot1985
02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
We need a Honda to shoot!

That would bring me so much happiness

mercurygm88
02-19-2012, 10:25 AM
That would bring me so much happiness

Thats a great idea somebody find one.

85crownHPP
02-19-2012, 11:19 AM
People with CC's holding is one thing, inviting people to bring an arsenal and piles of ammo for recreational shooting is a whole other ball game. I'm sure all GMN gun owners are very responsible, but in a mixed crowd all it takes is a brief moment for accidents to happen. Im sure there would be no problem as long as we stick to some such policy, like a 'only one live weapon at-a-time' while shooting thing. Multiple live guns, especially if there somehow were more live guns than people shooting, would make me nervous. Especially with the potential for gun noobs to be around.

On a similar side note, I have a small arsenal or fireworks I could bring!

Mercracer
02-19-2012, 12:34 PM
People with CC's holding is one thing, inviting people to bring an arsenal and piles of ammo for recreational shooting is a whole other ball game. I'm sure all GMN gun owners are very responsible, but in a mixed crowd all it takes is a brief moment for accidents to happen. Im sure there would be no problem as long as we stick to some such policy, like a 'only one live weapon at-a-time' while shooting thing. Multiple live guns, especially if there somehow were more live guns than people shooting, would make me nervous. Especially with the potential for gun noobs to be around.
Assuming I make it, I can do some range safety training. It is obvious that you are not comfortable around guns. It is also obvious that you have little if any experience shooting at formal ranges. I have visited some strictly controlled ranges and one rule I have never encountered is a "one live weapon" rule. If people are so retarded that they can't be trusted to be in the vicinity of other peoples' firearms then they do not belong at the range. I have not yet attended a SF but I certainly did not expect attendees to have such low opinions of each other.

miamibob
02-19-2012, 01:31 PM
May not make some folks happy but since this seems to be a bone of contention how about not bringing any guns or ammo? Just enjoy the company and cars????

Mercracer
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
May not make some folks happy but since this seems to be a bone of contention how about not bringing any guns or ammo? Just enjoy the company and cars????
We are adults capable of discussing adult subject matter without picking up our toys and going home. Alcohol is a bone of contention for some. Are we going to demand that people leave alcohol at home? What about cigarette smoke? It makes some people batshit crazy when others smoke around them. Children are a bone of contention for some because they make some people uncomfortable if they are around. Are children forbidden? This is a non-issue. There have been no problems in the past and will likely not be any problems in the future. I am really surprised that this is even a discussion here.
It may not make some folks happy, but some number of persons who are accustomed to normally carry will do so. Scott and Skippy do not appear to take issue with it.

miamibob
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Only a suggestion as it brought so much attention. I am sure you guys will work it out.....

mercurygm88
02-19-2012, 01:47 PM

Thats the best thing I can think of. It also saves me wear and tear on the desert eagle and ammo for myself.

Mercracer
02-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Thats the best thing I can think of. It also saves me wear and tear on the desert eagle and ammo for myself.
It is a sin to keep guns in a case and not use them....:machinegun:
Let's get back to talking about cars...

mercurygm88
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
It is a sin to keep guns in a case and not use them....:machinegun:

That is also true. I just dont wanna show up with it and piss off scott or skippy because they'd rather I left it home.

Mercracer
02-19-2012, 02:12 PM
That is also true. I just dont wanna show up with it and piss off scott or skippy because they'd rather I left it home.

Since no one in the past at a SF has set up a target on the cars and filled them with holes, why are people expecting that to happen this time? All of these paranoid fantasies are just that. The reality is that this is not the issue people are trying to make of it. I am certain that anyone who acts irresponsibly will be swiftly dealt with no matter what the issue.

miamibob
02-19-2012, 02:23 PM
"Let's get back to talking about cars..." AMEN TO THAT!!

1980c10
02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
+1

Grand Marquis GT
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I agree with Ed.

/end

mercurygm88
02-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I've gotta figure out what in the hell to do for the next six months to keep myself entertained till SF.

85crownHPP
02-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Assuming I make it, I can do some range safety training. It is obvious that you are not comfortable around guns. It is also obvious that you have little if any experience shooting at formal ranges. I have visited some strictly controlled ranges and one rule I have never encountered is a "one live weapon" rule. If people are so retarded that they can't be trusted to be in the vicinity of other peoples' firearms then they do not belong at the range. I have not yet attended a SF but I certainly did not expect attendees to have such low opinions of each other.

No, you must have missed the post where I state that I love guns. I am very comfortable around them.
And yes, obviously you have never been to a scottfest or you would know that there is often a brain donor or two there.
I am only not comfortable around inexperienced, immature individuals around guns. Of course there is no such rule at a formal shooting range, but obviously Skippyville is NOT a formal shooting range, and considering the crowd I think extra precautions should be made. I would expect someone so experienced with guns to feel the same.
I don't have low opinions of attendees, I just know enough to not underestimate anyone or rule out the possibility of anything. Mistakes get made from overconfidence.

85crownHPP
02-19-2012, 07:46 PM

We're not talking about cars, we're talking about scottfest and ideas of what to do, shooting guns is one of them, so there's no reason to try to declare no more gun talk.

Mercracer
02-19-2012, 10:58 PM
We're not talking about cars, we're talking about scottfest and ideas of what to do, shooting guns is one of them, so there's no reason to try to declare no more gun talk.

I started a thread in the Moderator forum for a reason.... Let's discuss it there for a bit.

P72Ford
02-20-2012, 06:49 AM
I always try and make it down for the weekend. Get there Friday afternoon/ evening, and stay through Sunday (leave at noon-ish, or so).

Maybe this year I will bring my Mustang down; It's been 3 years since I brought a Ford out for the festivities.

Mercracer
02-20-2012, 09:01 AM
How many cars at SF have typically run on the track? Did the bent valve happen on the track last year? How are the local bone yards stocked for Whales? Is Saturday typically Track day and Sunday Yard picking day?
I have seen past SF threads talk about bringing parts to swap/sell, what about doing the same with tools??
Speaking of tools, what is Scott in need of??? For someone who obviously has ended up wrenching on the cars of others, we should be hooking him up.

sly
02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
the bent valve happened about 2 miles from the hotel we were staying at. The car wasn't even running for track night due to the stupid tool breaking.

mercurygm88
02-20-2012, 09:23 AM
I know I wont be racing my merc. Mainly because I have very bad luck with things breaking for no apparent reason and the last thing I need is a major breakdown 500 miles from home.

Piece-it pete
02-20-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm hoping my car actually makes it to SF this year, but it's CFI, so why bother racing? Someone might shoot it though :p

Pete

Mercracer
02-20-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm hoping my car actually makes it to SF this year, but it's CFI, so why bother racing? Someone might shoot it though :p

Pete

You could run a large 2V and DII ignition for the weekend on the track and then switch back for the ride home. You could even spray it with a little N2O.

mercurygm88
02-20-2012, 10:01 AM

Pete

Run it anyway pete matt ran his 83 merc last year and it was cfi. Theres nothing wrong with cfi as long as it works right, and on the bright side at least you have eec-iv cfi.

Mercracer
02-20-2012, 10:02 AM
With so many people who show up, I am surprised that some creative mods do not happen..

SVT98t
02-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Only 2 cars ran last year; My Marauder and Matts 83 2-door.
Typically, Friday night is drag night, Saturday is BS day, with maybe a cruise. On Sunday, we usually cruise to a place and take a tour (Yingling Brewery, Centrailia, etc.)
The yards usually have many Whales. And we ran to the yard every day last year. Dave and I had a blast.

-ryan s.

Piece-it pete
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
My tranny go BOOM! ;)

Looking forward to JY runs.

Pete

1980c10
02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey now let's not forget my world record setting passes at the strip I made in the focus lol. 17.6 fail. Anyway I plan on bringing the mustang this year so it will be raced, if it doesn't make it I may just chill with the crew on the bleachers.

86VickyLX
02-20-2012, 11:48 AM
I plan on racing the vic this year. Circumstances last year left it on Jackstands until after Scottfest. :arg:
Friday is normally the dragsstrip day. Saturday is touring and cruise day. Sunday Junkyard day 1, Monday is junkyard day 2/get ready to go home day.

mercurygm88
02-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I plan on racing the vic this year. Circumstances last year left it on Jackstands until after Scottfest. :arg:
Friday is normally the dragsstrip day. Saturday is touring and cruise day. Sunday Junkyard day 1, Monday is junkyard day 2/get ready to go home day.

It'll be nice to get to see your vic on solid ground this year.

87gtVIC
02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Dave and I had a blast.

-ryan s.

Shit yeah we did!

mercurygm88
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Dave there had better be a certain brown vic there this year.

87gtVIC
02-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Why the guys sitting in the garage looked so elated that I showed up in a pink looking Escort. :wave:

86VickyLX
02-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Please bring the vic this year Dave!

Thanks I'm looking forward to seeing my car on the ground too!

gadget73
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
If I run anything, it would be the Mark VII, but I probably won't be bringing it up. The Townie has run the 1/4 I think three times now in the last 6 years. Thats enough. I would like to run Scott's 92 Grand Marq against a comparable modular disaster. I'm absolutely convinced its faster than an equivalent aero with a 4.6, but there is no proof.

SVT98t
02-20-2012, 08:13 PM
I present:
Tank of Justice II
We can, if you want. But I don't think it will be fair. I'll have the PI motor in it.
There has to be another 4.6L coming.

-ryan s.

gabegt90
02-24-2012, 06:20 PM
I'll be there of course I love seeing everyone again. I loved going to the yards last year had a blast

zoomie
02-24-2012, 07:26 PM
I have a surpize for you mangs, but youll have to wait till s/f to find out what it is. i will race anyone, just you mind it for fun win or loose who cares, im in it to have fun.

MattsLincoln
02-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Hey now let's not forget my world record setting passes at the strip I made in the focus lol. 17.6 fail. Anyway I plan on bringing the mustang this year so it will be raced, if it doesn't make it I may just chill with the crew on the bleachers.

my cfi marquis was faster. my best time was a 17.38. i had an awesome reaction time on that launch with a 0.001. so close to a prefect launch.

87DeuceVic
02-25-2012, 03:41 AM
There has to be another 4.6L coming.

If I ended up actually making it to this one, I would more than likely be bringing my 2004 CVPI if I still own it this summer.

lincolnlarry
03-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey, not bad only 4hr 45min drive for me. Would be nice if I had the GV ovrdrive behind the new c-6 by then. That would make it an effortless cruise.

Wooo! Hooooo!
Can't wait!!

SVT98t
04-10-2012, 05:27 PM
4 months to go!!!

-ryan s.

86VickyLX
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
only 4 months? That's like next week!

SVT98t
04-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Pretty much.

-ryan s.

87gtVIC
04-15-2012, 12:12 PM
The year goes so fast.

sxcpotatoes
04-15-2012, 04:03 PM
"I'm gonna make it... through this year... if it kills me..." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii6kJaGiRaI

gadget73
04-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I'll be there, as usual. I'll be drinking though, so I'll warn y'all now, if you don't wish my opinion on something, don't ask me once I've had a few. I tend to lose my filter.

MrMarquis
04-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Assuming nothing weird happens, I'll be there. With my extremely loud noisemaker. :2up:

Even though I had fun last year, I hope this year goes smoother. Would love to see Centralia this year...third time's a charm maybe?

zoomie
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Hey, not bad only 4hr 45min drive for me. Would be nice if I had the GV ovrdrive behind the new c-6 by then. That would make it an effortless cruise.

Wooo! Hooooo!
Can't wait!!
hey ill see if pete want to convoy, we are both planning on goin , and 80 is the way to go mang it virtually a straight shot you up for convoying to sf? perhaps sxcpotatoes will join us as well we could have a panther convoy for sho! that would be sickning! lemme see if we could get the other guy up by pete to go... lemme see here 5 panthers in one go yeah! that would kick ass!

86VickyLX
04-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Assuming nothing weird happens, I'll be there. With my extremely loud noisemaker. :2up:

Even though I had fun last year, I hope this year goes smoother. Would love to see Centralia this year...third time's a charm maybe?

As long as we have no Jmods, valve seal replacements or CFI EGR repairs, I think we'll be able to hit Centralia.

sly
04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I'll be there, as usual. I'll be drinking though, so I'll warn y'all now, if you don't wish my opinion on something, don't ask me once I've had a few. I tend to lose my filter.

sounds like a good time to me...

*starts thinking up questions*

sxcpotatoes
04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
I have to play it by ear, as summer is the busiest time of year at the bakery. My vacation weeks don't line up with August, but I still have 3 or 4 days I can spend whenever, if I don't use them all up on a family reunion in July. May be able to do 2 & 2.

Now, 5 cars is pretty good for a convoy, but if we break some speed limits and run from the cops, technically aren't they in our convoy if driving panthers as well?!? (not that I actually recommend this)

Piece-it pete
04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Hell yeah they are. We'll invite them.

And crash the gate doing 98, saying let them panthers roll.

Pete

SVT98t
04-23-2012, 09:12 PM
What route are you taking? Maybe I can meet up on I-80? I should be bringing both this year.

-ryan s.

jaywish
04-23-2012, 10:18 PM
What is Centralia?

1980c10
04-23-2012, 10:25 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania#section_6

jaywish
04-23-2012, 10:35 PM
I can see the appeal.

mitymerc
04-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Only 2 cars ran last year; My Marauder and Matts 83 2-door.
-ryan s.

:cool:
The '91 wagon made 6 passes, best aggregate pass was...

zoomie
04-23-2012, 11:48 PM
What route are you taking? Maybe I can meet up on I-80? I should be bringing both this year.

-ryan s.
straight shot more or less from 80 coming from youngstown actually, pete took me that rt last year, i fell in love with it, so thats what ill be doing this year too maybe meet up in dubois at the gas station? cbs,and walkiestalkies encouraged! ill prob get a cb

86VickyLX
04-24-2012, 07:49 AM
:cool:
The '91 wagon made 6 passes, best aggregate pass was...

This year is gonna be fun... :nana:

gadget73
04-24-2012, 06:32 PM
maybe I ought to run mine. Hasn't been on the track since I went mass air I don't believe.

87gtVIC
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
I should do it just for the hell of it...and to hear the snide remarks from the announcer.

SVT98t
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
That guy was an asshole.
I'll run you in the Tank. You'll win. It will be quite epic.
Unless there's too much awesome in one place.
I hope we don't cause an explosion like when Mr. T and Chuck Norris walked into a bar and it instantly exploded from too much awesomeness in one spot.
Just sayin..

-ryan s.

MattsLincoln
04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
this year will be my favorite scottfest i can see it coming. Gonna drag race with john And Zoomie, gonna go to the junkyard and get me an Explorer 5.0 motor to rebuild, turn 21 and go home lol.

i might bring company with me this year. have to see if my gf wants to go with me.

1990LTD
04-25-2012, 12:47 AM
bring a carton of smokes!

zoomie
04-25-2012, 04:13 AM
That guy was an asshole.
I'll run you in the Tank. You'll win. It will be quite epic.
Unless there's too much awesome in one place.
I hope we don't cause an explosion like when Mr. T and Chuck Norris walked into a bar and it instantly exploded from too much awesomeness in one spot.
Just sayin..

-ryan s.
the crowd will be trippin your grabber green accents and my bright effin red accents lol be a helluva sight!!

86VickyLX
04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
maybe I ought to run mine. Hasn't been on the track since I went mass air I don't believe.

It would be nice to see what it does now. Since it isn't running lean.

sly
04-25-2012, 10:25 AM
and run my vic (hoping it'll be done by then) with the sweet exhaust note in a plane jane looking white cruiser. :D

SVT98t
04-25-2012, 05:24 PM
PI Tank vs PI Vic
Me likey.

-ryan s.

gadget73
04-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Should run Scott's 92. I'd laugh my ass off if it spanked the PI motor, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

sly
04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
if we end up with the weenie injectors in my vic... it probably would totally pwn my vic.

85crownHPP
04-26-2012, 06:12 PM
I'd like to run the 85, but I think I would just get a disappointment for my $35... lol

SVT98t
04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
You are on Thain. I'll wager a four pack of Seagrams.

-ryan s.

zoomie
04-26-2012, 11:18 PM
You are on Thain. I'll wager a four pack of Seagrams.

-ryan s. il take that bet and run ya both

zoomie
04-26-2012, 11:20 PM
I'd like to run the 85, but I think I would just get a disappointment for my $35... lol dooo eeeeeeet! more panther son the track the better!

86VickyLX
04-27-2012, 07:58 AM
I'd like to run the 85, but I think I would just get a disappointment for my $35... lol

35 bucks!? Shit, it's 15 to race at Atco.

86VickyLX
04-27-2012, 08:00 AM
35 bucks!? Shit, it's 15 to race at Atco.

I want to see if I can spank some OHC panthers. I know of some stockish 2004 Grand Marquis running 16.5s hehehe.

SVT98t
04-27-2012, 12:30 PM
<--- not stock and lighter.

-ryan s.

SVT98t
04-27-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh it's the DOHC you may want to look out for.... :D

-ryan s.

MattsLincoln
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM
im just gonna race for fun but i would be surprised if my lincoln beat petes 85 LTD which i dont think it will but that would be fun

mercurygm88
04-30-2012, 06:58 PM
We dont by any chance have an official date yet do we? The sooner I can get my vacation in the better.

sly
04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
weekend of august 11 I think it was semi agreed to.

SVT98t
05-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Just over 3 months to go!

-ryan s.

zoomie
05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
oh yeah caNT WAIT!!!!!! going to have some new goodness in my ride this year no more lopo for me heheheh

t65neon5
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
ok...so is this by invatation only...or is it an open invite to GMN members?.....(dont drink...aint got no guns.....and im way too old for drama......only smoke tobacco...and hopefully by then i will have quit that too)

87gtVIC
05-24-2012, 05:53 PM
You can come mang. The more the merrier. B.S. talk cars, crack jokes over the camp fire, fuck yo' couch videos, etc etc...its for the members to get to meet with the panther wizard Scott and all of his students (us) lol.

t65neon5
05-24-2012, 06:11 PM
ok,cool......just thought it was better to ask first....sounds like fun....still a ways out however,so if i am 1...not working those days...2...my funds are good,i will 3...be there.....!!!!! whooohooo

gadget73
05-24-2012, 06:53 PM
No drama is good. Show up, hang out, bring your boots because the shit can get deep sometimes :) Based on past experience, its requested that people not take their cars apart though. It seems to end badly.

t65neon5
05-24-2012, 08:52 PM
i dont have to take my cars apart...they seem to do this fine all by themselves....lol (maybe it has something to do with my starsky & hutch driving style?!?!....lol )

sly
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
waders ya mean.

It got REAL deep last year.

SVT98t
05-25-2012, 07:11 AM
-ryan s.

SVT98t
05-25-2012, 07:14 AM
waders ya mean.

It got REAL deep last year.

True statement. No work this year. Just racing and B.S.-ing.

-ryan s.

86VickyLX
05-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Leave that fucking Murphy guy at home please! lol.

sly
05-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Murphy is still there... it's called my 93 Vic.

*ducks and runs*

Lincolnmania
05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
trying to get my health problems sorted out before scottfest, i came to nc for a few days to rest and get treated, but it's the same here, no munny no fix.........i got a good mom tho, she called the congressman yesterday, i got a call from tim holdens office and was told i can get an emergency medicare grant in pa when i get home. and was told where to go and apply.
the skin problem is real serious, i need surgery asap, i am on some heavy duty antibiotics right now.

87gtVIC
05-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh no, that is terrible. Hope you receive the treatments you need.

Lincolnmania
05-25-2012, 06:01 PM
yea i am going to be unable to work for a while, i do not know what i am going to......last time i had this sort of operation it was not near as bad and i was unable to lift more than 10 pounds, sit or lie on my back for 10 weeks

Lincolnmania
05-25-2012, 06:02 PM
and i wont be able to drive for a month

gadget73
05-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Well, I aim to get up that way to try and get the Vic done and I'll try and help out where I can. The cars can wait, get yourself taken care of first.

86VickyLX
05-26-2012, 01:24 PM
yea i am going to be unable to work for a while, i do not know what i am going to......last time i had this sort of operation it was not near as bad and i was unable to lift more than 10 pounds, sit or lie on my back for 10 weeks

That's horrible Scott!

sly
05-26-2012, 11:51 PM
The cars can wait, get yourself taken care of first.

This!

dmccaig
05-27-2012, 04:37 AM
The cruiser can wait. You can't .

Donald

Piece-it pete
05-29-2012, 09:09 AM
I'll hope and pray for your speedy recovery Scott.

Pete

SVT98t
06-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Status on whether ScottFest is a go right now? It's two months out, but Scotts recovery is more important at this time. It is his call.
I will get the majority of the food for SF if needed.

-ryan s.

86VickyLX
06-14-2012, 05:33 PM
I will try to donate a little more money to the cause this year. And bring the pretzels everyone loves so much.

Lincolnmania
06-14-2012, 11:34 PM
it's still on guys

t65neon5
06-15-2012, 08:26 AM
#1...Glad you are feeling up to it...(hope you are doing well) #2..... when?(date) #3....what do i need to bring? (also...is anything needed?)

sly
06-15-2012, 09:56 AM
#2 weekend of the 11th Aug. starts friday, goes through monday.
#3 last year's thread is a good one to go by: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?44601-Stuff-to-bring-donations

1980c10
06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Sooo August 10-13 for sure?

SVT98t
06-15-2012, 04:42 PM
ScottFest2012 is August 10th-13th at Scotts place in Tremont, PA, right off I-81. Like here:

35 N Tremont Street Newtown PA 17981

Last year was interesting, for sure.
I think it's time to get a donation/I'm bringing what threads going. Which I will shortly.
We usually go Drag Racing on Friday, BS, and take a cruise and a tour of the local area, and Sunday is another BS day.
All days are full of BS and junkyard runs. (which is half the fun).
I have to fix the Marauder before I put the motor in the Tank. So, I have some work to do.
Other than that, I'll still rock the Tank in NPI AluminumFAIL-Intake trim.
Looking forward to this.

-ryan s.

MrMarquis
06-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm hoping to have a few vacation days put in for SF weekend. Definitely lookin' forward to this again. :2up:

mercurygm88
06-17-2012, 07:39 PM
I unfortunately wont be making it this year, I just cant afford $300+ in gas. Last year was alot of fun and I hope I can make it again next year.

MattsLincoln
06-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I will be there first year with my new to me town car. I won't be a pain this year
i want to bring my girlfriend down but that won't be happening she is in Alaska but I will spend most of my nights up till 4am textin her lol fuck Alaskans time zone.

86VickyLX
06-18-2012, 05:01 PM
I will be there first year with my new to me town car. I won't be a pain this year
i want to bring my girlfriend down but that won't be happening she is in Alaska but I will spend most of my nights up till 4am textin her lol fuck Alaskans time zone.
That phone will be smashed. Don't need no damn bright lights when I'm trying to sleep...

87gtVIC
06-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Sucks Kyle.

mercurygm88
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Sucks Kyle.

yeah it does but at least I've got nine days off over july 4 that I can use to get the car back in tip top shape.

87gtVIC
06-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Sweet. Always nice to have time for some car lovings. I gotta work the 4th at the fireworks in Manhattan. lol

sly
06-18-2012, 09:33 PM
tweaked the idle on the Mark after installing the VSS... runs much better now (mainly due to the idle tweak) but I need a better fan. I know the MK8 fan is a power HOG... what was the other fan that's good to swap in?

gadget73
06-18-2012, 09:38 PM
the stock clutch fan is excellent to swap in.

sly
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
I need a 90 tc shroud/tank then.

86VickyLX
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
There's a few of those by me. But I can never find a box big enough to fit one of those things in whole...

85crownHPP
06-18-2012, 11:15 PM
I have one I can bring. mmmm hmm

MattsLincoln
06-18-2012, 11:46 PM
I will be sleeping in the towny so no need to worry.

sly
06-19-2012, 10:51 AM
ok... my post was supposed to be in the what are you working on thread. bah...

87gtVIC
06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
put in vacation for the 10th and 13th.

gabegt90
06-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I should be there as always unless I have trucks I have to take out to oregon.

zoomie
06-27-2012, 08:58 PM
sadly i wont be there unless i can get someone by me to go, im in brushton ny now, closer to nyc and also qubec eh?

t65neon5
06-27-2012, 11:05 PM
well....so far everything is a "go" for me.....work says i can have the time off...now if my $$$$ holds out i should be there to take up space .....lol

87gtVIC
06-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Bring the tudor!

86VickyLX
06-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Bring the tudor! Funny, that's what you should be saying to yourself...

Lincolnmania
06-28-2012, 08:17 PM
i'll bring the yoda again if u guys dont bring boxes

t65neon5
06-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Bring the tudor!

well.....the town car right now is the "better" long distance car.....coupe needs work...but it may be ready by then(at least mechanically)........its got a leaky caliper....and no drivers side window...(i got plexiglas in it...taped up....looks like hell....lol)...needs shocks BAD..(hoping to get new monroe police units soon)......but at least it has a radio(town car has a nice open space where the radio WAS).....town car is ready to go to cali if i want mechanically(although its gonna need a brake job soon).......already has new shocks ...u-joints.....new steering(tie rod ends sleeves sway bar links....idler arm etc....)....new dual exhaust....etc....so ,it just depends on if i think the coupe is ready or not.....both get similar fuel mileage,so thats not an issue

gadget73
06-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Always go for the most reliable car. Lincoln seats are more comfortable anyway.

t65neon5
06-30-2012, 12:30 AM

yes on more reliable......old dry cracked leather 180,000 mile lincoln seats or near mint 74,000 mile cloth ltd crown vic seats...tuff call.....lol (both 6 way power,both tilt wheel)

86VickyLX
06-30-2012, 01:13 PM
This problem can be solved with a few bolts and switch.

t65neon5
06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
This problem can be solved with a few bolts and switch.

i actually prefer cloth over leather for comfort......not to mention that the 4dr seats out of the lincoln would present a problem in the 2dr ltd accessing the rear passenger area...that being said...eventually the ltd will be getting "proper" bucket seats...(id LOVE to find some nice buckets out of a 70s granada.....comfy,sporty..but still "true" bucket seats)

86VickyLX
06-30-2012, 01:49 PM
i actually prefer cloth over leather for comfort......not to mention that the 4dr seats out of the lincoln would present a problem in the 2dr ltd accessing the rear passenger area...that being said...eventually the ltd will be getting "proper" bucket seats...(id LOVE to find some nice buckets out of a 70s granada.....comfy,sporty..but still "true" bucket seats)

That problem can also be solved with some creativity. And btw, there are Velour Towny seats...

gadget73
06-30-2012, 02:23 PM
leather sucks. I have no comprehension why it is hailed as the ultimate in seating surface material. Velour Lincoln seats are way more better. If yours happens to take grey seats, I've got a nice set of grey Signature velour seats I'll give you if you promise to take them away. I'm tired of them being in my way.

86VickyLX
06-30-2012, 02:28 PM
leather sucks. I have no comprehension why it is hailed as the ultimate in seating surface material. Velour Lincoln seats are way more better. If yours happens to take grey seats, I've got a nice set of grey Signature velour seats I'll give you if you promise to take them away. I'm tired of them being in my way.

Leather burns my ass cheeks...

t65neon5
06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
leather burns my ass cheeks...

i.....just.......cant..............stop.........la ughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t65neon5
06-30-2012, 06:01 PM

brown...but the whole interior need redone......and i like cloth/velour.....the town car is my DD......im just tryin to keep it as clean and serviceable as possible.....no real plans on major work for it in the near future......too many "little" things need attention,and with the 2dr ltd takin up most of my available "project" cash,the interior will just have to suffer till later......however,thank you for the offer on the seats,doest say where u are at,if it was fairly close,i could swing by and take em off your hands however

gadget73
06-30-2012, 06:15 PM
I can bring them to Scottfest if you're coming. I'm in NJ, so pickup otherwise will be impractical.

t65neon5
06-30-2012, 11:09 PM
thax for the offer...i should be there barring anything unfortunate....but im not sure they would fit in the car(and im not even sure which car im taking yet)

hemihotrod402
07-01-2012, 05:20 PM
thax for the offer...i should be there barring anything unfortunate....but im not sure they would fit in the car(and im not even sure which car im taking yet)

For what it's worth, I have a set of front cushy grand marquis seats that are brown velour (just the cushions though) that I have no use for, that you can have if you want...I've got nothing into them and you don't seem too far away.

SVT98t
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Approximately 5 weeks out!! I'm stoked!
I'm ready to race the Tank. I'll just have to remember to put 3 quarts of oil in before I race.

-ryan s.

lincolnlarry
07-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Wow, blast from the past!!! My mom had a Granada from 1975 new till 1988. That 302 was old reliable. I was in kinder. when we got it and she sold it after I graduated. It had some hot as hell vinyl blue bucket seats. We didn't have a garage then and shorts were SHORT in the late 70s. I got the back of my legs fried more then once!!

miamibob
07-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Wow, blast from the past!!! My mom had a Granada from 1975 new till 1988. That 302 was old reliable. I was in kinder. when we got it and she sold it after I graduated. It had some hot as hell vinyl blue bucket seats. We didn't have a garage then and shorts were SHORT in the late 70s. I got the back of my legs fried more then once!!

Had a 1977 Granada that was GREAT! 145K or so when I had to get rid of it - too much North East snow/ice/salt/sand. Still had the OEM Ignition wires and the A/C and Heat were never serviced. My old GF had a '75 (Black and Red Int) which is how I got started on those cars. My '87 GM is really like a blown up version of the '77....Bobby

Piece-it pete
07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Looking forward to this, probably won't be in till Sat though :(

I'll race, if anyone knows an old lady using a walker :)

Pete

SVT98t
07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
One month to go!!!
It's closing in fast! And ScottFest will be here before we know it! Looking forward to some good times!

-ryan s.

Piece-it pete
07-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Gaa! I'll never get the other tranny installed! I'll just have to thunk my way in :)

Pete

gadget73
07-10-2012, 05:53 PM
AODs are supposed to thunk. Its when they don't that you have to be scared.

sly
07-10-2012, 07:43 PM
should I fly in to Philly Wednesday or Thursday? And the current flights I'm looking at have me landing just after 3pm or half past 5pm.

gadget73
07-10-2012, 07:46 PM
I was planning to head up Thursday after work. I get done at 4, and its about an hour from here to the Philly airport so I could pick you up if you had a ~5:30 landing, though I'm more likely to get there closer to 6 since I'll want to get a shower first.

sly
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM
that wouldn't be an issue. I'd just play some games on my phone while I waited.

t65neon5
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM
cant wait!...everythings still a "go" here.....im thinkin if i bring food no one will complain?.....lol(i can bring soda...RC, 7up, Dr Pepper,...i got 80 hot dogs ,mustard,ketchup& coney sauce....)....that should take care of one meal for everyone.....if any one has a suggestion.....lemme know....i got time between now & then....(nothing that will spoil,or cant be frozen....I.E. ....the hot dogs r frozen right now,ill pack em fozen in ice in a cooler,remember im 300 miles away,and august is usually kinda warm/hot)...also if 80 hot dogs isnt enough lemme know(im also gonna get hot dog buns right before i leave so they will be fresh)

mercurygm88
07-10-2012, 08:47 PM
cant wait!...everythings still a "go" here.....im thinkin if i bring food no one will complain?.....lol(i can bring soda...RC, 7up, Dr Pepper,...i got 80 hot dogs ,mustard,ketchup& coney sauce....)....that should take care of one meal for everyone.....if any one has a suggestion.....lemme know....i got time between now & then....(nothing that will spoil,or cant be frozen....I.E. ....the hot dogs r frozen right now,ill pack em fozen in ice in a cooler,remember im 300 miles away,and august is usually kinda warm/hot)...also if 80 hot dogs isnt enough lemme know(im also gonna get hot dog buns right before i leave so they will be fresh)

I think your hot dogs will make it lol. I took a couple of lbs. of lunch meats and cheeses with me last year 415 miles give or take they made it there, all through the weekend, and everything that was left (not much btw) was still cold when I got home. I only got ice twice once when I left home and once again about halfway through the weekend. I just left the cooler in the trunk, now that I've fixed my driveability issues I kinda wish I had saved my vacation time so I could go again this year, but oh well theres always next year, and besides I have rust to fix.

t65neon5
07-10-2012, 09:06 PM
I think your hot dogs will make it lol. I took a couple of lbs. of lunch meats and cheeses with me last year 415 miles give or take they made it there, all through the weekend, and everything that was left (not much btw) was still cold when I got home. I only got ice twice once when I left home and once again about halfway through the weekend. I just left the cooler in the trunk, now that I've fixed my driveability issues I kinda wish I had saved my vacation time so I could go again this year, but oh well theres always next year, and besides I have rust to fix.

bummer you cant make it.......im gonna leave EARLY friday morn(im thinkin roughly 4am)....if you wanna go,im sure we could make some kind of arrangement(dont need any cash,more of a "logistics" kind of thing....like maybe you drive here,and ill take you the rest of the way there and back or something like that)....lemme know if i can help ok?

mercurygm88
07-10-2012, 09:10 PM
bummer you cant make it.......im gonna leave EARLY friday morn(im thinkin roughly 4am)....if you wanna go,im sure we could make some kind of arrangement(dont need any cash,more of a "logistics" kind of thing....like maybe you drive here,and ill take you the rest of the way there and back or something like that)....lemme know if i can help ok?

That would work but I'm out of vacation time until january 1st I'll make it again one of these years. If only we had enough ohio people to come up with a meet here somewhere.

zoomie
07-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Oh god, Matt drunk? This isn't going to end well...
sure it will he gets drunk passes out its all good feed him a pot of coffee hell learn lolz

t65neon5
07-10-2012, 09:17 PM
ya...im thinkin maybe next spring we can do a short weekend thinghere....quite a few members in N.E. ohio.....so maybe i can arrange something if i can get enough people on board

Lincolnmania
07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
i plan on being in ohio late aug, one of our members here is getting hitched aug 25

SVT98t
07-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Woot!

-ryan s.

gadget73
07-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Only thing I was planning to bring with me is some corn. Good crop this year, though the stuff I had tonight pretty much sucked. I'll monitor the situation but if the crap corn tonight was just a fluke, I'll bring up a few dozen ears of good Jersey sweet corn. If the corn crop sucks, I'll leave it here. No need to transport crappy vegetables across state lines. Anything else we might need is just a trip to the store away, and handily I know the way.

Andypot1985
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
About a month away! I will be there saturday and maybe sunday!

MrMarquis
07-11-2012, 09:01 AM
I'll be putting in my vacation. I plan to show up sometime Friday and stay to at least Sunday. We'll see what happens, may be able to stay into Monday depending on how work falls.

Piece-it pete
07-11-2012, 09:08 AM
i plan on being in ohio late aug, one of our members here is getting hitched aug 25

Poor soul :D

What part of Ohio?

Pete

86VickyLX
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM
should I fly in to Philly Wednesday or Thursday? And the current flights I'm looking at have me landing just after 3pm or half past 5pm.

3pm, meh. half past 5? We're gonna be idling for a while... Oh Thain's picking you up now?

sly
07-11-2012, 08:19 PM
I guess so... either way, I'm riding in style. Plane ticket got. supposed to land at 5:07... I'll place my bets on 5:15 or so.

Scott: get my car ready by then... I'll buy you some tires for your coach.

86VickyLX
07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Scott: get my car ready by then... I'll buy you some tires for your coach.

:nana:

79lincolnlover
07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
at least it has a radio(town car has a nice open space where the radio WAS)...

Same as my MK VI. The old radio took a crap. Might up-grade to a cd-player in the future...

gadget73
07-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Well, I was just saying I could, unless someone else wants to. Doesn't make any difference to me. I'm heading to Scott's, either by way of Philly or by another route. Jason, do you have my number ?

86VickyLX
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
you can pick him up, the traffic's gonna suck. City traffic at 6 is just wrist slitting...

gadget73
07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
yeah I know. I dislike driving in the land of traffic. You live in it. I don't know how you people function up there.

sly
07-12-2012, 07:05 PM
It's an area that patience is a virtue for sure. DFW is tough, but not near as bad as Houston... Boston wasn't so bad when I was there... but then, it may have been a good day.