Ann Aarbor meet jan 19th 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp
    Lost? Like when we were driving east on 12 Mile looking for Wal-Mart, after having figured out that going south on Van Dyke was taking us away from 12 Mile?
    Yes!!

Okay, well, I'll just go that way, then, and hope I don't have any, uhh...what was it again? Oh yes, thkawy experiences....

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I am NOT 100% if I can go or not. My employer is juggling my wolly bo-bo's on the schedule. IF I can make it I will post so the thursday before.

As for those who fear getting lost and what not. I live 1 minute or 2 streets from I-94. If it would be of benefit, Those who want to can come to my house before and we can convoy together there. I know Ann Arbor really well.

For those coming on I-94 WEST when you see Ann Arbor saline RD ( it kinds sneaks up on ya ) turn off there and you will see the Applebee's on the right. You will be making a right and another right and a 3rd right into there parking lot...Google Earth ROCKS...

For those who care. I have a camera on borrow. It uses analog 8mm tapes. I will shoot any damn thing you want except your accuracy in the restroom. I will have one tape to use for all of it. I will then pay to have it DVD'd and then chop it up on iMovie and post that on youtube. If I can manage this next trick I will find a way the edit the "raw" footage in owner/car sections so you can have your own stuff unedited to do with as you wish....Guess this means I get left behind to shoot everyone leavin huh...

Comment

Sorry I couldn't attend guys, was planning on it, but shit happened:

1. yesterday after work we were doing front brakes on the 4x4, my buddy must have not seated the wheel studs properly cause both tires got loose, the front left snapped two studs in half, the remainders of the studs got stuck inside the rotor and killed two of the studs that hold the spindle to the knuckle. That happens at about 11:15 and like 3 miles away from home.

2. I call my roommate, he comes over, I jump in and we haul ass for the only parts store still open at that time of the day - Murray's on Van Born and Telegraph, which is about 15 miles away. We get there 5 minutes before closing time, I get my parts and tools needed to open the axle, we head back. Less than a mile later we hit head-on a wheel and tire chilling in the middle of the road - my roommate's car swings the wheel to the left lane where some else hits it and kills their rear right tire, wheel gets pushed back in our lane where the car behind us hits it head-on too.

3. Few miles north along Telegraph car overheats and we pull over - wheel bent the lower radiator support, left tank cracked, car's offline. I call AAA for a tow, then a friend for a ride (remember, my truck is still disabled on the side of the road). Tow arrives and we drop off car at school's parking lot, then we drive my roommate home so he can get some sleep, and me an my buddy head back to my truck.

4. I spend two hours fixing the rotors and studs, on both sides of axle too, just as a precaution. Then my buddy goes home, and I drive to school so I can put my new calipers and master cylinder in. Right about 8 in the morning I'm done and go home for a few hours nap.

5. get up around 2pm, get roommate to help bleed the truck, then we haul ass to some used parts place 20 miles away to pick up a new radiator. We go back to school next, then spend the rest of the day tearing down the engine bay, pulling radiator and A/C condenser, beating the shit out of the radiator support so it's flat, and installing the "new" radiator. Still need to modify one of the dog-bones, it wouldn't fit with the new radiator and rubber under it, so I'll have to get creative with the hand drill.

Comment

Dude its NEXT saturday....Not today......How the hell did you get 1.21 gigawatts to travel in the future Marty ?

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv View Post
            Dude its NEXT saturday....Not today......How the hell did you get 1.21 gigawatts to travel in the future Marty ?

Well, you know, by putting some stale beer and a banana peel into the Mr. Fusion .......
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

oh yeah forget the directions..........

.............................."Roads ..Where we're going we dont NEED roads "

Comment

Ah, lol, okay then, wasn't even paying attention to the date - for some reason I thought it was yesterday. Well then I just may show up, if I get my alignment sorted out, cause now tthe toe-in is a bitch.

Comment

Good luck on that.....wanna meet new people.

Comment

That's true, he does - even if some are a bunch of conservative stick-in-the-muds like myself.

Comment

I'm still trying to resist the gag reflex when I think about the amount of gas I'm gonna burn driving 384 miles in one day.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Hey, I feel the same way driving probably half that distance.

Comment

ok so its a word NOT an acronym... UGHA ....?

I ace my first NoOb quiz and I still FAIL on these 4 letters ???

Comment

hey, don't worry about it, you probably have to have read a zillion partly-comprehensible posts from the Knightmang and still figured out he has more than two brain cells in his head in order to really get it. :p It's all good.

Comment

It's the same thing as "ugh", it's just an expression of frustration, anger, and general dissatisfaction. It was coined by, as Michael said, darkknight, and it became so ubiquitous that we created a smiley for it, because, umm...well, I dunno why, we just did lol

Comment

:poop2:

Originally posted by 97CV
                                Just a head up.

The weather channel is at this point calling for 17* snow and wind.

Comment

Working...
                                X