No announcement yet.

Ann Aarbor meet jan 19th 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shit I hope that's not a problem do you think it will be? if so I think maybe sunday will be better. but I know colin can't go for sure. bump never mind sunday is worse 11* do you guys think Saturday is still good or do you think it will have to be called off?

it looks only like snow showers nate mike colin and Ivan call my cell If you guys can't come. call me on friday. just to know what's up thanks
    Last edited by gabegt90; 01-16-2008, 12:42 PM.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Depends somewhat on how much snow people are comfortable driving in. So far, the two Detroit meets I've been to, I drove back in pretty messy weather - in fact, when I got home from the December meet, the local police were out trolling the roads for stranded motorists. I'm not so concerned about a little snow as long as it's not blizzard conditions, I can see, and the car keeps working!
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'll still go this Saturday...we are going to be eating inside.
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Ok my OFFICIAL WEDNESDAY UPDATE.

I am ok with Saturday. Its so close to my house I do not wanna be "one more" to bail. Just towing the line -------------------------------------------@------------------

I wont be bringing the Video Camera if the weather is Snow OR Rain...Its not mine to chance getting wet and dying.

1987cp ( Damn whats your real name ? ) Im gonna bring you Presents.

So its easy. Im Rizzo....thats short for Rosario. Yes its really a Mans name.It came from my Grandfather who came over from Sicily.

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv View Post

I am ok with Saturday. Its so close to my house I do not wanna be "one more" to bail. Just towing the line -------------------------------------------@------------------

I wont be bringing the Video Camera if the weather is Snow OR Rain...Its not mine to chance getting wet and dying.

So its easy. Im Rizzo....thats short for Rosario. Yes its really a Mans name.It came from my Grandfather who came over from Sicily.
            rizzo 1987cp's name is mike. Hey rizzo I see your really close to whitmore lake. That's were my uncle and aunt live.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nate is still kinda on the fence about coming...400miles for him and his Vic gets less than 20mpg....tough call.
              but if he wants to drive Magna again, he should come
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I wasn't gonna say anything publicly just yet, but okay...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                  Nate is still kinda on the fence about coming...400miles for him and his Vic gets less than 20mpg....tough call.
                  but if he wants to drive Magna again, he should come
                  I know the feeling, drove 225miles one way at 90mph for a football game, ended up with like 15-16mpg - ouch!

Dunno about saturday tho, steering is all fixed but that small vacuum leak really bugs the shit outta me... then worst case I can run fast idle while in town and then lean it out it on the freeway... Will figure it out by Friday I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv View Post

"Damn what's your real name" .... you know, I think that's the first time I've been called that!! It's all good, though.

And family's from Sicily. That's kind of kewl. Any relations to the guys who cooked up my favorite style of cheese pie out in Illinois? My wife's dad's mom was Italian, but I think she was from farther north, especially as that family's favorite pizzas are flat (New Haven style).

So I take it your name has nothing to do with our puppety pal Rizzo the Rat from the Muppet Christmas Carol? :p
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

And nothing to do with Frank Rizzo ( motor pool on MASH ) and Nothing to do with Rizzo services ( they haul..............t.r.a.s.h.) Really tho... I want one of their jackets. Red Carharts...nice

Comment

Im still IN. What time are you guys planning on showing up ?

Comment

I think I'm gonna have to bow out, guys. The money is really tight right now, plus I don't know how the roads are gonna be since it's supposed to snow tomorrow. Too bad; I was looking forward to seeing some new faces and seeing again those I've already met. Maybe next time.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Oh man 2 bad.

Comment

ok looks like 12:30 ? I live closest and No one asked about a convoy. SO I will try to be there first.....
                              When you pull into the lot youre (everybody) gonna be at the end farthest from the restaurant.

Im gonna shoot for the parking spots along the outside towards the highway. That way if pictures are taken there wont be much in the background.

Comment

I am out too. Was up in Detroit last weekend and its a 400 mile trip for me too. Need to dig up some parts for my DOVE heads. So I will be rummaging around in the shop for stuff. Going to do a dyno run tuesday. Taking bets on RWHP.
                                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                                X