IL, IN, MI meet July 19th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Next time, the Interceptor will be UP AND RUNNING, and I will have appropriate time to spend there bullshitting. Oh, and I will make it!

....And giving rides
    Cool, very cool. The area is great for quick "giving a ride" blasts. Did everything go okay for you at the dealer? I had an 8AM appointment for tires in South Bend, and it went well, even for a Saturday.

Comment

Ya,, fucken blower motor went out on the Fusion, and it's hot as shit. I checked fuses etc, no go. Worst part is, I sat there and did not get in in time, Saturday is my only free time, therefore I am going back this Saturday. I think the motor will need to be replaced. Luckily, it had been working since then Apparently just being near the dealer kicked it into working again.

Oh, and a small bracket on the passenger seat broke off underneath, meaning no passenger adjustment. All this should be repaired and good this saturday.

Oh, and I'm getting my Walbro ordered tonight 1 more step toward running again!
      sigpic
      https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
      1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
      1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
      2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
      2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

Ya,, fucken blower motor went out on the Fusion, and it's hot as shit. I checked fuses etc, no go. Worst part is, I sat there and did not get in in time, Saturday is my only free time, therefore I am going back this Saturday. I think the motor will need to be replaced. Luckily, it had been working since then Apparently just being near the dealer kicked it into working again.

Oh, and a small bracket on the passenger seat broke off underneath, meaning no passenger adjustment. All this should be repaired and good this saturday.
        Well, at least the thing can still run with the blower motor on the fritz. Try having the drive by wire decide to check itself out intermittently. Thankfully, it never happens merging onto the highway. How many miles on your Fusion?

Comment

28000, bought it with 22,500
          sigpic
          2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.

Comment

I was at Cedar Point, Ange's family goes every year and it had been planned for a while.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

28000, bought it with 22,500
              Wait until you hit 36k (+ whatever your delivered mileage was). Good times are coming, I guarantee it.

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
              I was at Cedar Point, Ange's family goes every year and it had been planned for a while.
              Did you go on Top Fuel Dragster?

Comment

No, Im a pussy, and I hate wating for a long time. I'll ride everything else except that and millenium, rode it once and hated it. Went parasailing tho.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                  Wait until you hit 36k (+ whatever your delivered mileage was). Good times are coming, I guarantee it.
                  Are these moneypits?
                  sigpic

Comment

Are these moneypits?
                    You've seen the threads about all the weird stuff Greg's had to fix on his Fusion, right? Cracked transmission case on a 2-year-old car .... I mean, come on! :p
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      You've seen the threads about all the weird stuff Greg's had to fix on his Fusion, right? Cracked transmission case on a 2-year-old car .... I mean, come on! :p
                      Well, to be fair, the disintegrating flywheel took out the trans case. Is your Fusion a manual Heretic? I thought the MTX manual transmission was the weak link in the car, and have cautioned my womang against any aggressive driving (no burnouts, powershifting, barking tires on the 1-2 or 2-3) as the trans would surely powder it's diff or lose a gear as it has on so many other MTX cars I have had in the past. I hate to say it, but she misses her Hondas ('01 Civic and '03 Accord manuals) as they were absolutely bulletproof, save for the front struts on the Civic. The Fusion we have has been the most pampered, gently driven, garage kept, washed weekly, and fed synthetics from day #1, car I have ever had and it's a turd.

I have lost faith in Ford for a while, which is sad because I had to pass up on a smoking deal on an Edge (that I liked) not too long ago for fear of having an even more expensive turd.

Comment

I have the 5 speed auto. No driving issues as of yet, only the blower motor is wierd. I am nice to it most of the time but do get into it occasionally...

Name's Jason, BTW lol

I am currently awaiting to pay off credit card debt and get a few car payments under my belt, then trading it in in 3 years or so. A friend of mine just picked up a new 08 Cobalt SS... Decently fast, but a lot less MPG than my Fusion gets...
                        sigpic

Comment

OK come on guys Yall know I haven't been on here for a while . & there are LONG periods in between that I am not on here.... SOMEONE HAS GOT TO LET ME KNOW WHEN STUFF LIKE THIS IS GOING DOWN !!!

I just found out about this a week too late ................. DAMNIT
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't mention it when I stopped by? Shame on me .....
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

MBanjura, Heretic, p71Towny, and anyone else interested PM me your cell # and I'll keep you in the loop next time, mkay?

Comment

Sent... Now I have no excuse!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X