No announcement yet.

Possible Maryland meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Scott is hosting this meet in oct I`m going to take this fall off since he beat me for the time I was going to plan mine..
    2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
    85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
    07 JCL 250 A Scooter
    79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
      Scott (Bowman). Did you ask Mike (mrltd) to go? Not sure if he still reads the boards or not.

I might do a ride if its looking like a good turnout. I always enjoy meeting new guys, and seeing the usuals.

If we're going to any good yards, I'll drag a friend along, as he wants to see a "real" junkyard.
      What classifies as a "good" yard? Crazy Rays would probably be the best in the area, but the last trip we went they didn't have too much in the way of Panthers.

But that was a couple years ago, so there's no telling what might be there now. There's one right in Westminster we could check out, but they're set up fairly weird, not organized at all.

And there's a U-Pull-It I've never been to about 15 minutes down the road. I'll check it out, see if they have a website and all.

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I like the 16th. sounds good.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          I like the 16th. sounds good.

-ryan s.
          Coolness. Wanna pick up the wheels while you're down here too.

If the 16th is good for everyone else, that'll be the official date. If anyone is coming a longer distance and doesn't wanna drive back the same day, I'll ask the family if it's alright to board a couple of y'all for the night and we've plenty of yard if you wanna park and sleep or set up a tent. Night's by then will probably be chilly though.

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

you gotta check the yards like 2-3x a month scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
              What classifies as a "good" yard? Crazy Rays would probably be the best in the area, but the last trip we went they didn't have too much in the way of Panthers.

But that was a couple years ago, so there's no telling what might be there now. There's one right in Westminster we could check out, but they're set up fairly weird, not organized at all.

And there's a U-Pull-It I've never been to about 15 minutes down the road. I'll check it out, see if they have a website and all.
              Scott, anything thats better than the yards around here is a good yard...

Is it big, like EZ Pull?

Seeing as I am kind of taking another job in the next month or so, it may make it difficult to attend. We'll see.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Well, if i don't have to go to Texas for two weeks, i should be there.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

so is this meet still on for oct 16 or what??? I am very interested and would like to meet a bunch of the peps on here!!! Crazy Rays has five yards in the area and if we started early it would not be hard to hit a few of them in one day!!! been there, done that, got the t-shirt!!! let us all know what the plan is!!!!!!
                  '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                  "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                  "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                  "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                  "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Yep yep, still shooting for October 16!

sigpic

Comment

I have had my day off approved, if enough people can commit, this will happen on October 16th!

We'll be meeting first at the Buffalo Wild Wings (404 Englar Rd · Westminster, MD 21157) around 11am if that's okay with everyone; I'm not picky.

Crazy Rays right now doesn't have any box Panthers, nor really many Panthers to speak of at all, so I'm gonna check out a couple other yards. We can try to hit at least one, then depending on how late y'all wanna stay out, there is a car meet in Eldersburg that we can go park at and find dinner.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions. Down to two weeks, let 'em rip.

sigpic

Comment

Awesome. i like the sound of it! Good job on planning it!

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Yeah, I'll be able to make it. I'll be heading down to DC after and hanging with friends and head back on the 18th in the AM.

Can we move the BWW time back a little? I have a 7 hour drive and i work 2nd shift, so I get out of work at 11pm. I'd like a little bit of sleep before i head out down there!!
                          Input.

THanks!!

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

When would be good for you then Ryan? I'm flexible.

sigpic

Comment

maybe like 4 or 5pm. You should do the junkyard runs in the morning because I won't be able to make it. That is, if you guys do the junkyard runs.
                              Let me know what you think...

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Could always meet for lunch with whoever can, hit the junkyard, then meet you for dinner.

Whoever else is interested in this, it'd be nice to hear opinions.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X