No announcement yet.

ScottFest 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The turnpike is fairly boring too. I've driven it a couple times through to Ohio. Most of the big interstates are just blah to drive on. You want the old US routes if you want fun stuff. I think you can probably take 30 but it'll take you quite a while to cross the state on that one.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      The turnpike is fairly boring too. I've driven it a couple times through to Ohio. Most of the big interstates are just blah to drive on. You want the old US routes if you want fun stuff. I think you can probably take 30 but it'll take you quite a while to cross the state on that one.
      I've had enough route 30 for one lifetime already, it goes right through the square in my hometown and connects most of the nearby towns I go too. I'll just take I-80 and be bored to tears again.
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

another option might be 422. That actually dumps you out basically in front of the place, but thats another long-ass run through every burg. I'm guessing you're somewhere in the Cleveland area, and it runs right through there.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          another option might be 422. That actually dumps you out basically in front of the place, but thats another long-ass run through every burg. I'm guessing you're somewhere in the Cleveland area, and it runs right through there.
          I'm about 60 miles southwest of Cleveland in the tiny burg of New Haven, theres all of maybe 100 people here. My street dumps out on U.S. 224 which takes me to 76 around Akron, and then it's on to 80.
          2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

Comment

Starting to get my shit together for the trip. I've got my tent, sleeping bag and pad, and camp chair ready. I get the Town Car back from the body shop next Friday at the absolute latest, I'll get the trunk and CD player loaded ahead of time and throw the cooler in there so it's ready to go. I will be bringing a Polaroid to SF if you would like a picture of your car or you and your car let me know and I will hook you up.

Comment

I'm in for drag strip. Thain. why you no run to see how your Towny does now?

Comment

almost that time again!.....counting the days now....

Comment

11 more days

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Too many days to go, I'm already packing and repacking. Trying to figure out what goes and what doesn't go, and I don't even have my damn car back from the body shop yet. I know they said Friday at the absolute latest but it would be nice to get it before Friday. Oh well I guess it's better to take a few days longer and be done right than to have them hurry it and cobble shit up.

Comment

http://element.websitewelcome.com/~beaver/

From Beaver Bob

"Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry about attending the races. august 7th is Flashback Friday. It's a great event with Nostalgia Super Stockers being the featured cars.

First off, yes, you are closer to Maple Grove. If you come to the Beaver, it's a road trip. It'll take you about 80 minutes to get here, but you'll enjoy the event.
                      Easiest way to get her is to take I-81 to Harrisburg.
                      Then US-322 across the Clark's Ferry Bridge.
                      Take US 11-15 North. You'll be heading up the West side of the Susquehanna river. Nice ride.
                      Just past Liverpool, turn North, (Left) on PA-104.
                      14 miles lated you'll come into Middleburg.
                      Turn South, Left, onto US-522 to Beaver Springs.
                      Turn North, right, onto PA-235.
                      It's 2 miles to the track.

Look to see you here."

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

This ones for Ryan.....

http://element.websitewelcome.com/~b...nion-air-show/

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I don't plan to drag strip, I most likely won't even go because I don't really care.

But me and Nick should be at skippyville at Friday Night, he'll have the challenger again.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I will plan on getting there Sat night or Sunday before noon
                            "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
                            -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                            -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
                            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Since I'm coming out a day early (Thursday) and the bulk of people seem to show up Friday evening or Saturday I think I'm gonna get up early Friday morning and make the trip down to Gettysburg. Mapquest says about 1.5 hours which isn't bad, and last time I was there I was with my parents when I was about 3 years old and I obviously don't remember a thing. I'll be back in Skippyville sometime Friday evening, maybe even in time for drag racing if I get up early enough.

Comment

Stop by and see the civil war museum in Harrisburg pretty nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                2000 Grand Marquis LS
                                2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                                1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                                1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                                Mercury Owners Group member
                                Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Working...
                                X