No announcement yet.

2006 ATL area meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wagon's 4,020 with a full tank of gas and no driver, so it'll be PLENTY heavy enough if I get to be in it for race weight. Hell- I may even take out a few things to help push the limit a little bit.
    For what it's worth, I appreciate you posting this. It'll be nice to race with some full size guys. I already know I'll be getting smoked, but it'll still be a good time. Just need to get some track time before then so I'll know just how this thing likes to launch.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

That's the beauty of bracket racing. Go as slow as you want to, rinse, repeat.

Comment

Bracket racing is for automatics. I plan to give it my all every run and see how well I do against the various others. I won't have nearly enough track time to be able to effectively bracket race by that point. Then again, I might. We'll see.
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Still got 3 months... git-r-done mang, git-r-done.

Comment

I still gotta finish swapping valve springs, plug wires, fuel pump, and wiper motor before I can drive it again. I'm not even positive that'll correct the power loss, but I'm hoping. I have a lead on MAF computer and harness that I can get for a little wrenching, as well as swapping to the '98+ intake assembly by then... so I might be MAF already. Again, we'll see.

Comment

This sounds great.Now to talk the wifey into it.
              "Honey I need 65 bucks to race my car?"
              How you think that'll go over???????

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

Depends on how many times you smack her.

:p

Comment

Looks like a very affordable trip... as long as you don't count all the mods done in preparation for it.

Comment

If I'm heavy enough it'll be a run what ya brung..........

02 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 ALL STOCK,KYB GAS ADJUSTS,GATOR BACK BELT.SOON TO COME J-MOD,DUAL EXHAUST

Comment

Ok just got off the phone with Norm. The cut-off date for registration via the website is Sept. 30th. If you are going to be later than that there is a link at the bottom of the registration page called

To register via Snail Mail.

Which you can use this link if you know you will be registering after the cut-off date.

He emphasized that in order for us to get a reserved spot for parking we need to have a min of 10 cars.

If we do get 10 or more cars I may see about getting a banner to hang in our parking area.
                      93 Town Car Cartier 150k mi
                      01 CVPI, (Count Blackula)155k mi

Comment

What would the banner say? Panthers 'R' Us? Hehehe.
                        Hoping to have a lot more done by then, ultimately determined by whether the current mods solve the power loss issue.

Comment

:bump:

Anybody have anything to add to this? Everyone still planning to be there?

Comment

I'm hopin to make.I still haven't asked the wife for 65 bucks to register and run.

Comment

I am going I will be registering on the 22nd of this month.

Comment

Oh yah no banner I will not have the funds for it. Also for food and drinks this time will have to be BYO=Bring Your Own. Sorry. Next year should be better.

Comment

Working...
                                X