No announcement yet.

Official SF '10 Dates: 6th-9th Aug 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have put in my request for the weekend. Nothing like paid time off to go to ScottFest for the first time!

I should be there at least Friday and Saturday (Sunday is a possibility), girlfriend may be coming too. What time do most start showing up on Friday? Afternoonish?

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I should be on track to take a road trip on with the Fairlane. I may even tow it up so I can Drag Race on Friday. I have days I can burn, so hopefully I can get this car done by then.
      1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL - 521 Stroker/4-speed
      1997 Ford F250XLT Heavy Duty - 460/E4OD
      2008 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Comment

Where is this in terms of a street adress so I can get a map and estimated time of the trip? Im down if it is around 3 hours or so... much more and it may be a pain in the arse.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

35 N. Tremont St., Treont, PA

Thats the address I use.

But I will tell you its more than 3 hrs for you. Its right around 4 (door to door), for me. Actually, last time I probably could have done it in 3.5 hrs, if Nick hadn't been with me (had to drop him off).

Since you'll effectively be coming right by me, we could meet up and drive out together (I think Nick will be going with me). I could meet you right on 91.

Its worth the trip though, and I'd encourage you to go. You really have to stay for at least a day to make it worth it.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Tremont PA Nate meant.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

it's worth the trip mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ehh 6 hours 41 minutes.. that is a solid shift of driving all by the lonesome. Im still not sure, I will see what I can do, but that means I need money to stay at a hotel, and a shitload of gas money.
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

you dont need a hotel! we have ample space here, two full bathrooms, lots of outdoor space.... if you prefer to sleep in ac, bring a cot or an airbed and we will park you in the living room.......dammit i try to make this a fun affordable experience for all hehe.......a 7 hour drive will do you and your car some good, and you cant beat the fellowship with brothers in panthers.

i've driven 17 hrs straight by myself to phayzers house......set the ac to freeze, crank the tunes, set the cruise control, enjoy the scenery!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I drive five hours every two weeks (Scotts to CT and back) alone. Once you've done it two or three times it's really not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                      ehh 6 hours 41 minutes.. that is a solid shift of driving all by the lonesome. Im still not sure, I will see what I can do, but that means I need money to stay at a hotel, and a shitload of gas money.
                      Don't go by the times they give. They claim 5+ hours for me to get there, and I do it in 4 or less. And thats being fairly reasonable with the driving speed.

What is it, 400 miles? 800 total. You must get 20 mpgs on the highway. 40 gallons* $3= $120.

Like I said, drive down to me, and we'll 'convoy'. You're less than 100 miles from me. Just drive down 91, and I'll meet you at the 45 exit, in CT. All you have to do is follow me from there.

Hit Evan up to go with you. You guys live near each other, right? What about Andy?

If gas money is an issue, I'll buy you a tank. Seriously.

No need for a hotel, like Scott said. Bring something to sleep on/in, and you'll find a place to crash.
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Free gas! I'll gladly take a tank.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

hotel was what I was most worried about... I may take you up on the convoy... andy is north of me by about an hour, so he could follow me, not sure evan will want to take his vic, but I will throw it up in the air.
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Also if I do make it, how much is it to have you guys show me how to throw a limited slip in, willing to do most of the work, I just don't know how.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                              hotel was what I was most worried about... I may take you up on the convoy... andy is north of me by about an hour, so he could follow me, not sure evan will want to take his vic, but I will throw it up in the air.
                              Well, you could ask Evan to ride along with you, if he doesn't want to bring his car.

Hopefully you make the right choice...

Comment

Yeah, evan can ride with me... but If I go down I'm staying for it all. Hopefully it is good weather.
                                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X