No announcement yet.

Problem with site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... I've seen it be pretty random... I think the site was moved to a larger server (more CPU cores) by the host so we may have better up time... If we see it any more, I'll just disable the warning. If we were on our own server, it would be easier to keep up with it, but since we're on a shared system that's probably running a VM per thread for high density serving... yeah... probably not going to be easy to keep up with.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      Yeah... I've seen it be pretty random... I think the site was moved to a larger server (more CPU cores) by the host so we may have better up time... If we see it any more, I'll just disable the warning. If we were on our own server, it would be easier to keep up with it, but since we're on a shared system that's probably running a VM per thread for high density serving... yeah... probably not going to be easy to keep up with.
      Too bad it is too expensive and too much work to have our own server!
      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

did a quick look at the scheduled backup, its set to the lowest possible priority, and it starts to run at 5 AM. Lowest usage is between 2 and 7 AM. I'll change it to start it's run at 2 AM and see if that helps at all.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          did a quick look at the scheduled backup, its set to the lowest possible priority, and it starts to run at 5 AM. Lowest usage is between 2 and 7 AM. I'll change it to start it's run at 2 AM and see if that helps at all.
          Is this all EST?

Comment

Yeah... that's the timezone he's in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

honestly I'm not 100% sure but I think it is eastern time. I'm just going by what the logs on the server show, and it doesn't actually spell out what time zone its in, or at least if it does I didn't notice.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Saw site too busy error, but logged in anyhow and had no issues. I've disabled the option. As usual, please report any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  Saw site too busy error, but logged in anyhow and had no issues. I've disabled the option. As usual, please report any issues.
                  Saw that issue earlier but was able to post a few minutes later.

Comment

I saw the system error message today and checked out the site. Looks like the error log file got too big. I moved it and started a new one and the problem is fixed for now. Hopefully we can figure out how to get it to cycle on it's own or fix the tapatalk errors. Not optimistic about the latter.

Comment

re-enabled the server load warning. Current command queue load on the server is around 22. Set the limit back up to 48. Hopefully that will limit the server errors. If not, then we will have to dig deeper.

Comment

Well... apparently this server is too loaded up. Even 64 isn't high enough. Disabled the warning again. I'll poke Pete some more. He hasn't read my last messages yet, so I'm not optimistic he will respond any time soon to help with this.

Comment

For me, been down most of the day. "Server Too Busy"! May be time for a new site owner??

Comment

Nah... I knew as soon as I posted that... he would reply. Messaging him right now. We'll get the update hopefully by tomorrow.

As for server load... We're kinda screwed on that one since it's a shared host. If the other users are doing full system usage garbage (re: AI models), which they are not supposed to do, we will be having issues regardless of what we try.

Comment

Working...
                            X