No announcement yet.

Stupid ass signature line limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable isn't crappy Scott, I've used your machine and it's not half bad. A 400mhz Imac can outperform many malware ridden 1ghz plus windoze rigs.
    1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
    FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
      Well, all I have is dial up an NONE of the siggys have trouble uploading, an I have Windows 2000 B.C...
      Only thing that REALLY slows me down is the chat an that like a 10sec deal...so yea...no complaints here....
      That's because your a regular GMN user, and all of the sig pics are permanent residents in your Internet cache.

If anyone on here is having trouble with long load times try increasing your Internet cache size, that way common picture files will load of your HD instead of the GMN server.
      1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
      FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....So THATS why Jenna Jamesons'......ooops...oh well....
        Allas wondered why a site that I have visited a time or three allas loaded faster than others....Guess it shows how technologically impaired I am....hehehe
        sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
          Big sig pics encourage computer updates, if your machine has trouble loading a 100kb jpg get a new one.

Any 1ghz plus machine with half a gig of ram or more should be able to load any page on this forum in under 3 seconds (with cable or dsl).

That's not the problem. The problem is you have to scroll over 5 miles to read shit. And don't say "get a better video card" I'll thump your head :p
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I run 1600X1200 resolution on my computer, and I browse full screen. And I can't count the number of sigs I have seen on here that completely fill my damn screen (that's not including MRLTD's and BoXman's current sigs).

250 pixels tall is all you need, period. There are so few people on here that have sigs under that size it's stupid. And don't tell me it's too small, my sig is plenty easy to read, as have all of my sigs been. None of them were larger than 250 pixels tall. And the standard sig should be no more than 200 pixels.

Comment

yay for having sigs shut off so I don't have to deal with poorly sized images.

The sig limit shouldn't count images though, hmm. Will have to look into that, or if someone else feels like screwing with it, go for it. It was set to discourage the sigs with like 30 lines of stuff that take up half the screen. I was under the impression it was 5 lines of text and 2 images. Didn't think it counted images as lines somehow.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Doesn't take much to get yall's panties in a twist...
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I don't mind as much, I have the Cable Connection and Fast Computer to load each page within 3-5 secs, no matter how many pics are stuffed into it.

You are making the site more unfriendly to our Dial-up users, who don't want to log in each time they visit to read, though.

Mr.LTD's sig pic is just unreasonable, at least crop off the empty space, so that it doesn't run off the screen. I have my monitor set @ 1280x1024 and his pic is still going far off to the right of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                    Mr.LTD's sig pic is just unreasonable, at least crop off the empty space, so that it doesn't run off the screen. I have my monitor set @ 1280x1024 and his pic is still going far off to the right of the screen.

You shouldn't have said anything. He is pleased with himself for pissing others off with his ridiculous sig pic. Do not egg him on with this...
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

In me OWN opinion, if the sigs are causing problems, then Tom, GL, or someone need to crop/delete it, plain and simple, as for mine, it is rather small. No need for a billboard on a computer screen...And trust me, everyone ALREADY knows we have large cars, so the pics do have to be lifesize.....
                      sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Working...
                      X