This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
    The white makes it easy to read unlike CVN and many other sites that are hard to look at.
    I like the white too...
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Keep the white for gods sakes...

dark collers with black hue = imposible to see light colores blue/green/yellow all them colors hurt your eyes...
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

There is a dark one installed, two actually. You can switch to it. Scroll all the way to the bottom and take your pick. I'll install another one, but I'd like to keep the total number of themes installed to 3 or less just because the more things that are installed, the more work it is to update stuff.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There is a dark one installed, two actually. You can switch to it. Scroll all the way to the bottom and take your pick. I'll install another one, but I'd like to keep the total number of themes installed to 3 or less just because the more things that are installed, the more work it is to update stuff.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

woh! glitch in the matrix man!
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Look out THEY CHANGED SOMETHING!!!!!
              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

:animalmother::50cal::overkill:

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Still waiting on my change from the drink machine...now the food machine took a fucking dollar!!!!

I WANT MY FUCKING MONEY!!!!

Comment

Canadians parts stores and US vehicle inspections

Blasted Canadians keep asking for tech advice and forgetting to mention that they live on the wrong side of our northern border. If nothing else, this changes parts availability, as nearly every Canadian on this site claims they don't have local discount parts outlets like we have in this country, which means that a lot of parts an American would think are easy to obtain, may be very difficult to obtain if you don't live in the US. Stuff still fits together the same way, but if getting the recommended parts is near impossible, the advice you just received is pretty much wasted. Be up front about where you live and I won't pound your head in when you randomly, out of the blue, claim you can't get stuff my local stores keep in stock.

Americans asking questions on stuff that may be subject to state emissions or safety inspections are no better ... supposing one lives in, say, Indiana, it makes a HUGE difference whether you live in LaPorte or Porter county with respect to what mods you can make and still hope to pass the local sniffer test to get a valid registration tag in your county. I know other parts of the country have safety inspections that restrict what you can do in terms of exhaust exit locations, brake line repairs, and sometimes even tell you when you have to repair body rust. And guess what? If someone else reading the thread has never lived in your particular area, you HAVE to spell out what inspections your car will or will not be subject to next time you go to renew your registration or more unnecessary aggravation and Internet violence is likely to ensue.

Why don't we find a way to encourage everyone to volunteer this information up front and reduce the number of posts that turn out to be completely irrelevant because the advice contained therein isn't feasible in the location where the original poster happens to live?
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

[QUOTE=1987cp;407419]Blasted Canadians keep asking for tech advice and forgetting to mention that they live on the wrong side of our northern border. If nothing else, this changes parts availability, as nearly every Canadian on this site claims they don't have local discount parts outlets like we have in this country, which means that a lot of parts an American would think are easy to obtain, may be very difficult to obtain if you don't live in the US. Stuff still fits together the same way, but if getting the recommended parts is near impossible, the advice you just received is pretty much wasted. Be up front about where you live and I won't pound your head in when you randomly, out of the blue, claim you can't get stuff my local stores keep in stock.

Americans asking questions on stuff that may be subject to state emissions or safety inspections are no better ... supposing one lives in, say, Indiana, it makes a HUGE difference whether you live in LaPorte or Porter county with respect to what mods you can make and still hope to pass the local sniffer test to get a valid registration tag in your county. I know other parts of the country have safety inspections that restrict what you can do in terms of exhaust exit locations, brake line repairs, and sometimes even tell you when you have to repair body rust. And guess what? If someone else reading the thread has never lived in your particular area, you HAVE to spell out what inspections your car will or will not be subject to next time you go to renew your registration or more unnecessary aggravation and Internet violence is likely to ensue.

Why don't we find a way to encourage everyone to volunteer this information up front and reduce the number of posts that turn out to be completely irrelevant because the advice contained therein isn't feasible in the location where the original poster happens to live?[/QUO

Canadian Tire is a parts store, mostly consisting of the same crap as places like Autozone but if it ain't in stock they order from a site called Keystone I believe. Plus we have Napa, as well as loads of others problem is, I don't live in Vancouver. Lordco Auto Parts is where I do my shopping, HUGE inventory, most of the crap if not available is a day away, if not they know right away and can tell me if the part has to come from the manufacturer(2 weeks - god knows how long) Bonus for me, no inspections...
                      1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                      1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                      1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                      1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

Let's not turn this into a shit-throwing festival. Keep it to site issues only.
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Not trying to do that. Just had to state that parts availability is not changed, we can get exactly what can be had down there... just places with or without emissions will be completely different. There is no need to know a person's location to give advice, just let them know the emissions garbage is their choice depending on where they live.
                          1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
                          1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
                          1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
                          1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

how do you get pictures and grafics to come up when you post a message
                            sigpic

Ltds Forever
                            My Wife Or My Car......Ill Keep The Car

Comment

Post reply--> scroll down to "Manage Attachments" --> find the files you want to upload and upload them, type your message, click "Submit Reply" easy as pie.
                              Attached Files
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I got a complaint....

In my own thread no less.

THE SEARCH FUNCTION FUCKING BLOWS!!!!!!!!

Example.

It finds dick. Even though I KNOW the thread exists!

Oh look! I didn't capitalize the "T" in PoTM, or put an exclamation point on the end! AND I forgot to put "GMN" in there! For shits and giggles, I threw the GMN in there and searched, still found nothing.

The way I see it, the search function is completely fucking useless if you have to be THAT specific, getting every last fucking letter right. No wonder no one wants to use the search feature, it FUCKING SUCKS. I've noticed this with a lot of other sites, who also happen to use the same forum software.

Just another one of those stupid fucking things that no one complains about for some reason but needs to be fixed. Plus I dunno how to fix it myself, so I'm just gonna bitch about it.
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X