No announcement yet.

Google search.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Include the misspelled words too. Lots of people search for things and don't have perfect spelling.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i can't spell for shit

Comment

I can spell when I want to lol
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
          Yes.

Now, make me a list of terms.
          You dont want to do that. You will bring your SEO google ranking down. There are techniques to do this with, espeically with forums. You cant do average search methods. Its all php coded, pulled from the mysql data base. There are ways to do this, mess with sessions and the such. I know phpBB pretty good, I have been working with it for the past 5 years. And I know sources where you can learn to see what you want to do.

You want bots to come to your site. You want more people linking to this site so you have more links under google. If you guys are still interested let me know.
          99 Crown Vic PI
          |KittieFind.com - Your Source For Kitties and Cats - Forums, Classifieds, Blogs and Much more!|

Mods:
          Marauder Corners, Meg Non-Resonated Tips, Dual Delta Flowmaster 40s, Honeycomb grill, Lin Cont Console And Shifter, Blacked out rears,.. LTD Treatment

What do I have for sale?
          -Jon

Comment

Tom, There is an option in the cpanel for search engine submissions, and the best part is it free

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
              Tom, There is an option in the cpanel for search engine submissions, and the best part is it free
              Gotta get those bots pointed to your site tho

This sites google page rank is 0/10
              Just checked.

Got to increase that to have more flow. And to be top on the list.
              99 Crown Vic PI
              |KittieFind.com - Your Source For Kitties and Cats - Forums, Classifieds, Blogs and Much more!|

Mods:
              Marauder Corners, Meg Non-Resonated Tips, Dual Delta Flowmaster 40s, Honeycomb grill, Lin Cont Console And Shifter, Blacked out rears,.. LTD Treatment

What do I have for sale?
              -Jon

Comment

Interestin...

Tell me more!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                  Interestin...

Tell me more!
                  Ok,
                  First off, tell where did you edit the script to put the keywords that you guys generated?

I just looked at your source code just for this page, and there is no keywords.
                  I never messed with the admin panel for inserting keywords because there is a include in the overall_header.tpl file for one. But I dont think there is any such function.

MAKE BACKUPS OF THESE FILES JUST IN CASE. Its always a good idea.

Open the overall_header.tpl file in your templates/subsilver/ folder (use WordPad! notepad will screw the visual output for you making it harder to edit)-(assuming this is the only template you have, and that you are using it forced default for all users. If not, you will have to edit this file in the other templates that you may have)

Look for this code. It should be on the very top of the page:
                  <title>{SITENAME} :: {PAGE_TITLE}</title>
                  After that tag, insert this:
                  <meta name="keywords" content="YOUR KEYWORDS!">
                  <meta name="description" content="YOUR DESCRIPTION OF THE SITE">
                  After you added those after the <title> tag, and edited them to customize your needs, save the file and upload it to your server.

You will need to do the SAME THING to the simple_header.tpl file. Same instructions.

This will now allow you to have keywords and descriptions on every single page of this forum. This is the first step for you to increase page rank, plus more robots to hit the pages since you have these on here.

My suggestion, pick your keywords carefully. Do some research on them to make sure they are good search wise, and always put atleast 5-7 keywords in your title.

This is lesson 1 lol. :evil:
                  If you have any problems either goto my website http://www.structuralnet.com and contact me or e-mail me direct mailto:Jon@StructuralNet.com

If you goto my site and sign up for the helpdesk which is free, we can do live chat to help you while you are doing the mods.

I also suggest you mod the board with a statistic mod so you know how many people is coming to the site, if robots are coming and the such.

There are also mods to have better SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which you want, but we will get into that later.
                  -Jon
                  99 Crown Vic PI

Mods:

What do I have for sale?
                  -Jon

Comment

And remember when I was talking about that modded phpBB2 Plus board a couple on months back? Here is an example http://www.gordonfreeman.be[/url]
                    99 Crown Vic PI

Mods:

What do I have for sale?
                    -Jon

Comment

Good info, buddy.

Thanks! But I am dumping phpBB in favor of vBulletin.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Vbulletin is gonna kick ass. :evil:
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                        X