New from canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from canada

Hello everyone , I’m a 2006 grand marquis LS Ultimate owner this coming Wednesday.Bought it from an elderly man who never winter drove this car (70000km) only . I’ve read up on what to look out for like manifolds , etc etc . The only worry I have is the transmission front pump issue and my question really is at 70000km is that a worry spot or not really at this mileage ?

Fluid and filter change and run it. All fluids... transmission, engine oil, coolant, rear diff, power steering, brake fluid. Give yourself a solid starting point for maintenance if there's no records or if anything has been over 5 years since the last service. 06 was a pretty good year. Rubber bits may need some attention in the suspension, but should be fine if it was a garage queen as well. They may still crack and need attention after a few thousand Ks. Something to keep an eye on. Vacuum lines are always good to check at this age.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks ,part of my plan was all fluids + plugs ,coil boots , belt tensioner ,idle pulley ,belt and all rubber brake lines was my top items within the first week ….and radio for Bluetooth

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Enjoy our forum!!
            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I'm also from Canada.

Comment

Welcome!

I'm not from Canada but not far as I'm in the Detroit area.

Sounds like you have a good plan to change things, especially rubber things, that are more affected by age than milage.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                X