Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey ye mangs

Been lurking forever, figured I'd "join" and post
    Just recently got my 85 Vic back on the road, long time love affair with this one... This is the second car I've owned, got her 23 years ago...
    I've done some things to it, MPFI conversion, mustang exhaust swap, Towncar seats and trunk muncher, HPP wheels, endless LEDs and electro gadgets
    So the fuel pump went out on her many years ago, when I finally went to replace it, a rust pinhole made itself known when I took one of the straps off.... so she sat. Until one day I found a $100 gas tank on rockauto...
    Again she lives! Really running better than ever... I later found out that the fuel level sender float was a sinker rather than a floater... Can we even get these anymore?? I wound up snipping the float arm and crimping onto it another snipped arm with a good float from some random pump cartridge I had replaced at work... So far so good!

Anyways... Hi

PS, how do we make a signature?!?! I cant seem to find where the magic happens...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20230905_123120151_HDR_3s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	390.0 KB ID:	1392170

Last edited by someSubaruGuy; 10-08-2023, 07:14 PM.

Glad the 85 still lives. Been wonder where it is hiding since I don't see it on the streets. Put some more miles on that thing!
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Hey
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Welcome!

Click your username in the upper right. Click User Settings. Click the Account tab. Scroll about half way down to find the edit signature link. Seems a bit buried.

The sending unit itself can be hard to find, not sure what if any options are out there. The stock float I believe is C0AZ-9202-B which replacements are available online.
        ​​​
        Last edited by VicCrownVic; 11-03-2023, 09:04 PM.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Or should I say welcome back, ?
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Hey. Sounds awfully similar to petemang.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Holy fuck. Pete!!! I too have my panthers, languishing in the garage as family stuff ya know. I suppose I could get to work on them.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

This has to be Petemang
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                X