Just wanna say hello :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Welcome Chris! You have a very good looking wagon there. Are they hard to find parts for in Germany? Are there alot of American cars there? And lastly, was it built in the Americas?
    It is awesome to have members from so far away! My mother lived in Germany as a child, in the 1960's, because her father was in the US Army. She had alot of German souveneirs when she was alive, like postcards picturing Nu Schwanstein Castle (I am very sorry, I am certain I spelled that wrong.) By the way, I like your band Rammstein. Those guys are awesome!

Thanks
    My wagon was built in Canada... unfortunely, but it looks like as a true american car
    The only problem here in Germany is the gas-price... weīve got 2 US-Car garages in town. And when iīve got some real problems, i can go to our local Ford dealer. (ok, sometimes they have no idea, but often they can fix the problem)
    In Germany (its called germany because centurys ago, there lived peolple, called "germanen" but i donīt know why it now named "Deutschland", i think nobody knows it really ) we had a big US-Car scene. There are maybe 1000 clubs around the country.
    In my town weīve got about 60 american cars, mostly Chevy Vans or caprices. In the 80īs you where able to buy them at your "Opel" dealer.
    But ford never hat a official sale for the us-type cars... thats a pitty...

Where does your mother came from. Neu Schwanstein is not very far away from here, its about 50 miles. Do you know the "Chiemsee" this is where i came from
    Do you like Rammstein? cool, me too

Autobahn... with the Station?
    hehe. thatīs cool. On the last days we hat a little trip to croatia, 500 miles just Autobahn
    but only in Germany you can drive as fast as your car can. in Austria ect. you only allowed to drive 85 MPH.

My best speed on the Autobahn with the station is about 130 MPH thats nearly 200 km/h... but dont ask for the mileage
    Living in a Box

Comment

130!
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Sweet a Panther in Germany and it looks good too! I myself have a German car a 74 Ford Capri 2.0 you probably see them around all over in Germany I heard there pretty popular there. Your Very welcome here and the people are great sorta like an extended family

And I too rock out to Rammstein a lot and at full volume (11)....Spinal tap joke (old movie)
        Last edited by interceptor1985; 04-10-2007, 06:42 AM.
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
          130!
          yes...

the german papers say 190 km/h (118 mph) highest speed, so we tested it out.
          a friend droves behind me with his bmw, and filmed his speedo...
          i cant belive it until he showed me the tape... 205 km/h... thats about 130 mph
          Living in a Box

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
            I myself have a German car a 74 Ford Capri 2.0
            oh cool, i knew this car very well, our neighbour had one, but when he died, his son took it to the junkyard... ;(
            these cars are now very seldom, because germany has very strong smog-laws, since the greens are in the government...
            weīve got a so called "oldtimer kennzeichen" is a reg. plate with a "H" for historic behind the numbers, but only 30 year or older cars get these...

the other problem are the emission-taxes...
            my CS has only "Euro1" and i have to pay about 15 Euros per 100ccm... so 50x15... thats nearly 750 euros per year only emissin tax!
            i donīt know why, but the government wont recognize the us-emission standarts.... thats a real big shit....
            Living in a Box

Comment

ouch these are Classic car's and even more so over there I am SO glad mine wont have to be tested I also have a 1978 Jeep with a 401ci AMC engine and it needs to go through testing around here the cut off year is 1974 anything newer gets tested.

Comment

I just got the ICQ Chat and I'm having problems adding peaple to the contact list....Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Chris84 View Post
                  oh cool, i knew this car very well, our neighbour had one, but when he died, his son took it to the junkyard... ;(
                  these cars are now very seldom, because germany has very strong smog-laws, since the greens are in the government...
                  weīve got a so called "oldtimer kennzeichen" is a reg. plate with a "H" for historic behind the numbers, but only 30 year or older cars get these...

my CS has only "Euro1" and i have to pay about 15 Euros per 100ccm... so 50x15... thats nearly 750 euros per year only emissin tax!
                  i donīt know why, but the government wont recognize the us-emission standarts.... thats a real big shit....
                  That sounds strange to me. I remember reading years ago how a certain English or Italian sports car wasn't going to be imported to the US for street use because of our stricter emissions laws. Perhaps things were reorganized under the European Union ... so you pay taxes based on how much smog the car emits? Where I used to live near Chicago, each vehicle was required to have emissions under a certain number or it couldn't be registered.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

HOLY SHIT!!!!!! That's alot of money!!!!!!!

Isn't that like 1400 usd????
                    1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                    FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

...and I forgot......

Inner Mayhem on Tour

I like that mang

Did you come up with that?

Comment

My best speed on the Autobahn with the station is about 130 MPH thats nearly 200 km/h... but dont ask for the mileage
                        HOLY HELL!

I've only had my Merc up to about 95...I'd love to take it on the Autobahn.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

The emission-taxes in Germany are very mad, itīs a mix between cui and co-emission. Here it depends on how old a car is. so older cars, before 1992 only getting a "euro1" i think itīs just to tease the owners... from 92 to 95 its euro2... and so on... itīs all very silly and a great shit!
                          usually the us-emission laws where much stronger as the german laws at that time.
                          My emmisions reach easily the "euro3" standart, but, thanks to the eu, theyīll donīt recognize this standarts on us-cars.... f**k!
                          and so i have to pay about 1350 $ only for taxes.... itīs awful...

and the inner mayhem on tour, thats is the name of our band, "inner mayhem" sometimes we used the car for little tours
                          Living in a Box

Comment

I just got that Icq chat I wanted to look you up but i'm sorta confused.

Comment

The emission-taxes in Germany are very mad, itīs a mix between cui and co-emission. Here it depends on how old a car is. so older cars, before 1992 only getting a "euro1" i think itīs just to tease the owners... from 92 to 95 its euro2... and so on... itīs all very silly and a great shit!
                              usually the us-emission laws where much stronger as the german laws at that time.
                              My emmisions reach easily the "euro3" standart, but, thanks to the eu, theyīll donīt recognize this standarts on us-cars.... f**k!
                              and so i have to pay about 1350 $ only for taxes.... itīs awful...

and the inner mayhem on tour, thats is the name of our band, "inner mayhem" sometimes we used the car for little tours

Cool, what kind of band??? I hope It's death metal!

And a band touring in a panther....that's fucking great!!!!

I'm a recording engineer in my spare time, always wanted to do a black metal album in German or Dutch.

Comment

*g*
                                itīs not black-metal, but nu-metal, just a little bit harder
                                you can hear some songs on innermayhem.com, if you want to *g*

but iīve got another band, they plays german black metal, they called "butchered canibals" (im the technican and recording engeneer just like you ) i also can play e-guitar, but... i donīt like it
                                Living in a Box

Comment

Working...
                                X