Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here

New to the site and just wanted to say hi. I currently don't have a towncar but plan on getting one. I have my eyes on a 90. Is this still a panther platform and if so will mustang (i.e cheap and readily available) exhaust parts fit? I would love to turn one into a sleeper!

Welcome! A '90 Town Car is still a Panther platform. The Panther platform is still in use, so even 2008 Town Cars are still the same thing (minus some changes in front end design for 2003+). Some of the Mustang exhaust parts will fit, namely shorty headers (long tubes won't fit), the H-pipe, and the midpipes. Past that, your best bet will be tailpipes for a '94-'95 Chevy Impala SS, which are 2.5" mandrel bent and look almost as if they were designed for the car. Stick around, do some reading, you'll find there's a lot of information at your fingertips around here.

Once again, welcome, and good luck in your search for a Panther!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yeah I can sure you, that you'll learn alot from this site, as I have. You can preety much do as much as you want to these cars. It's all about how much you wanna put in to it.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I found this site. Guess operation mothership will commence!

Comment

to GMN!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Crash, where are you located?
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Townieessss!

Welcome! Check out wikicars.org for info about Town Cars and Panthers; or check it out for the tons of car information!

Comment

to GMN '90 had the Aero Towncar body didn't it?

Comment

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yes, '90 was an Aero-body.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome!
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in Glendora, NJ (South Jersey). Project mothership is still in mothballs as I'm in the process of unloading another car with title issues. Hope to post soon. Later fellas.

Comment

1990 is a good Towncar year. Its got the rounded body with vastly superior aerodynamics, but its got the old reliable 5.0 driveline thats real cheap to mod. They also have nice interiors. There are some one-year quirks though, its the only aero with a 5.0, so some of the parts are unique. Nothing too major though.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            1990 is a good Towncar year. Its got the rounded body with vastly superior aerodynamics, but its got the old reliable 5.0 driveline thats real cheap to mod. They also have nice interiors. There are some one-year quirks though, its the only aero with a 5.0, so some of the parts are unique. Nothing too major though.
                            I've seen a bunch of those in the junkyard, so unique is not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X