Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new guy with a '89

just thought id say hi

sunday im going to pick up a 1989 grand marq from and elderly guy. he's the original owner, the car has just over 50K miles and inside and out its pretty much show room quality. i feel like im buying a new car. he spent his winters in florida and did a little driving up here during the summer. left the car parked in a barn all winter. hes just about 90 now and wanted to send the car to someone who would apperciate it so that his wife wouldnt be burdned with it when he passes. its white with a dark blue top and dark blue interior and the "turbine" looking wheels. only problem is that during this past summer all the coolent escaped the AC system. his mechanic thinks the O-rings dried out from storage and non-use

im just going to travle to community college with this car. no hard miles. my daily is about beat so i was in the market

im paying $1,500

im a ford guy anyway. i own 3 ford mavericks and a 4 door merc comet (maverick body style)

when i bring the car home sunday i'll post some pics
    1989 Grand Marquis GS

welcome to gmn!
    theres alot of us in pa, md and nj

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Niiiice

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
      previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

Comment

thanks for the warm welcome

im actually just heading out to the DMV now to get a temp tag for when i drive the car home this weekend. its about an hour north into PA

if anyones intrested these are my other ford products

1969.5 Maverick with a built 302

1972 Maverick that i blew the 6 out of and am swapping a 351W into but i actually put the car up for sale since i bought the maverick posted above

and my 1976 maverick. this one has a built 306 with forged internals, worked GT40 heads, e303 cam, headers, torker 289 intake, 625 demon, im sure i spent some money on some other things i cant remember. it looks like crap, but it shocks the hell out of people when i get on it

and this is my daily driver. 1976 mercury comet, 250ci 6cyl auto. she doesnt have much life left in her though

Last edited by RunUoveR; 12-05-2008, 11:09 AM.
        1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Can't wait to see pictures of the new Merc! Hoping you join the fender skirt club!

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Welcome!

Time to get rid of those Mavericks, now that you will be getting a real car.

I'm so sorry, I've never liked Mavericks, I had a friend die in one, of shame.

No really, a friend did die in one in High School, took a turn way too fast and rolled. He was very drunk so I'm sure that had something to do with it, and not the cursed ugliness of the Maverick.

And as much as I love real fender skirts ( my 68 Caddy Coupe has a pair of real ones), I totally hate the aftermarket fake plastic cheap looking fake no chrome where there should be fake drum skin looking cheap fender skirts.

So please, no fakety fake fake fender skirts.

Comment

sorry about your friend, i dont think the blame lies on the maverick though

atleast im not another mustang looser, although everyone always askes me what year my stang is so i guess it defeated the purpose of trying to get something "diffrent" lol

i like the skirt look just because it makes the car look a little more "vintage" imo, so far jcwittney is the only place i could find selling them and ive never trusted their quality of products
              1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

I'm totally a jerk before I've had my morning coffee.

Comment

its cool, no problem
                  1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Welcome!
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

welcome!
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool Mavericks! I've got a '76. 250 at.
                        Attached Files
                        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome to GMN & I`m also in PA too.......
                          2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                          85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                          07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                          79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

thanks guys

nice maverick too btw pesty

we'd love to have you over on www.maverick.to/mmb if youd ever like to post up
                            1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

I like the one with the built up engine. I have always had a soft spot for sleepers. I have a (long delayed) sleeper project with a box wagon. (Conservatively guesstimating 350 hp) I don't plan to make the car look any better, other than what repairs are needed to prevent it from rusting. If I skunk someone with it, I want them to have been beaten by some guy in an old station wagon with peeling clear coat, and a relatively quiet exhaust system.
                              When someone asks whats in it, I'll just look at them and pretend to think a minute, then say, um, it's a v8... I think....
                              Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                              AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                              Open/Lock/Ratio #
                              -----------------------
                              G / H / 2.26
                              B / C / 2.47
                              8 / M / 2.73
                              7 / - / 3.07
                              Y / Z / 3.08
                              4 / D / 3.42
                              F / R / 3.45
                              5 / E / 3.27