Cheers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised. People have an unnatural dislike of side terminal batteries.

Alex.
    because much like many other things GM shat out, they suck.

Comment

Hey guys. Figured its time to increment the post count from zero. =-)
      Been lurking a long while around here. Only regestered recently, forum overload for a while.

Alex.
      I was going to ask you why your post count was so low.......

Welcome!.......
      Former panther owner
      1981 CV 351 4bbl
      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by 70torino429 View Post
        You need to refine this to a certain era. GM hasn't always made garbage.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

1993-today, with a few exceptions such as the 04-06 gto.

Comment

1993-today, with a few exceptions such as the 04-06 gto.
            '94-'96 Caprice/ Impala were not junk. Neither are Chevy trucks from that era forward. Actually, I don't think Chevy made any junk trucks. I am sad to see that some brand new Chevy trucks have drum rear brakes though... :nonono:
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I think this would make a good off topic discussion.

Comment

Au contraire, side terminals are the way batteries should be. Want to disconnect a battery cable? Easy. Want to put it back? Easy. Want to do that multiple times? Easy. Try that with a top post battery and you'll have cracked clamps eventually, you can't just loosen and remove, no you gotta work that clamp off... Never seen a corroded side terminal battery either.

Guess you'll love the fact that its an AC Delco battery. And AC Delco spark plugs and AC Delco wires and... Keeping my mGM all GM. =-)

Alex.

Comment

Hey guys. Figured its time to increment the post count from zero. =-)
                  Been lurking a long while around here. Only regestered recently, forum overload for a while.

Alex.

Damn!
                  the Kanadians are coming.... the Kandians are coming !
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

The invasion is underway! =-)

Comment

Au contraire, side terminals are the way batteries should be. Want to disconnect a battery cable? Easy. Want to put it back? Easy. Want to do that multiple times? Easy. Try that with a top post battery and you'll have cracked clamps eventually, you can't just loosen and remove, no you gotta work that clamp off... Never seen a corroded side terminal battery either.

Alex.
                      Not to mention a much cleaner look with no ugly terminals/cables/hold down on top of the battery.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

And a safe place to put wrenches.

Comment

end
                          I hate jumping cars with side terminal batteries. Side terminal batteries are for Chevies. :p

Comment

Working...
                          X