Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 87 Grand Marquis 69,000 actual miles.... virgin & minty.... what's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
    If it sells for over 2500, I'll eat my hat.

No offence, but am I the only person who noticed this guy basically joined to get a value on his car and then pimp it as he ebayed it? uhhh....
    No offense taken. When I got the car I essentially didn't know what I was going to do with it, as it was a find through distance relatives (sort of) through a complicated situation of an elderly family member going to assisted living.

When I 1st joined, I honestly thought that I might possibly trick the car out with a high output motor of some sort...... BUT after further review, I decided that I am more of a guitar guy as far as what I am comfortable with working on...and this car would be better suited in the hands of someone much more capable than myself.

I have my eye on a $2500.00 Gibson Les Paul, and logic (and my wife) basically states I have to choose one or the other.

No doubt about it, this website has brought more attention (and no doubt watchers) to my ebay auction....but so what? It's a beautiful car, and everyone here loves these cars. Maybe someone here will win, and love a car that normally would not have seen had I not joined.

Comment

dont mind john, lol.

i wouldve kept bidding, but, my payal needs to be confirmed so i wouldnt have been able to give you a deposit right away.

more will come along..hopefully.
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
        dont mind john, lol.

i wouldve kept bidding, but, my payal needs to be confirmed so i wouldnt have been able to give you a deposit right away.

more will come along..hopefully.
        You can pay in full in person.... no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Marq_Blue_Sky View Post
          You can pay in full in person.... no problem.
          shit.

if this guy ends up backing out consider it sold.

fuck fuck.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

shit.

if this guy ends up backing out consider it sold.

fuck fuck.
            Sure thing. If he backs out, you can have it for the $2300 I told you several days back. Thanks

Comment

I see a fair amount of rust and some kind of fluid leakage on that "clean as a whistle" undercarriage...
              Lots of stuff rusty under the hood too... you know there's going to be lots of rust hiding... Id get a carfax on it.
              Looks like a well-kept 169,000 miles to me.
              Last edited by 85crownHPP; 02-05-2011, 11:22 AM.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                I see a fair amount of rust and some kind of fluid leakage on that "clean as a whistle" undercarriage...
                Lots of stuff rusty under the hood too... you know there's going to be lots of rust hiding... Id get a carfax on it.
                youd think my '88 has 180k miles on it. and it doesnt. just 80k.

old people (women) dont wash cars. generally speaking, of course.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post

Carfax was on the ebay auction, plus one printed....it's 69k actual.
                  Drivers seat, door jambs, inside controls, ...and various other things let anyone with a IQ over 80 know whether or not a car has 69k or 169k. If someone can't piece a 100,000 mile difference together, than I hope you are not the lead detective in my murder trial....or at the minimum, avoid buying older cars.

A little rust underneath on a 24 old Ohio car (some of the most heavily salted roads in the country) is common no matter what the condition. Plus, sitting = rust potential.

Since the car was driven average of 2,875 miles per year, it doesn't take Darwin to figure out that its done some sitting over the years.

If this had 169k..... it wouldn't look like this, if any of you seen the car in person, there would be no doubt as to its mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Marq_Blue_Sky View Post
                    Carfax was on the ebay auction, plus one printed....it's 69k actual.
                    Drivers seat, door jambs, inside controls, ...and various other things let anyone with a IQ over 80 know whether or not a car has 69k or 169k. If someone can't piece a 100,000 mile difference together, than I hope you are not the lead detective in my murder trial....or at the minimum, avoid buying older cars.

A little rust underneath on a 24 old Ohio car (some of the most heavily salted roads in the country) is common no matter what the condition. Plus, sitting = rust potential.

Since the car was driven average of 2,875 miles per year, it doesn't take Darwin to figure out that its done some sitting over the years.

If this had 169k..... it wouldn't look like this, if any of you seen the car in person, there would be no doubt as to its mileage.
                    the more you keep talking about it the more i want it.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Sold?
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yeah..

and he better of let them know about grandmarq.net

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

yeah..

and he better of let them know about grandmarq.net
                          Fingers crossed...
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            Sold?
                            Yeah.... he left me feedback. Take care all.

Comment

good luck girl..

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X