No announcement yet.

new to forum but not to townys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. The clips stay on little pegs on the body just like in the video. The molding is just thin aluminum so be gently with it.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Was just wondering how many people have the factory cb. Because I found one in a 85 towncar at my local salvage yard but there is a ton of wiring that comes with it so I was wanted to know if it worth pulling it cause its the only one I have ever seen on anything newer then a 79

Comment

its worth pulling if, you can get it for cheap. also, pulling all the harness with the CB is a good idea. someguys like em for a factory add on. personally, i like after market stuff. cobra makes an awsome handheld CB, that you can install. also, dont forget to pull the power anenna. its taller and has the propper hook ups.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Dose anyone know if the 85 and 88 radio wireing harness are compatible. I just don't want to waste money if I can't use it in my car.

Comment

Just thought I'd do update. Not to much new with the townny beside the factory headunit died and she deside she don't want to start a few days ago. So far I've changed all her relays, starter stuff on the fender, and had the starter and battery checked with no luck. On the up side I picked up 1990 bill bass mark vii all and all a straight car but it could stand some new doors and fenders thanks to being a Ohio car

Comment

Also dose anyone know how to restore the dryer and dryer seals air the air ride as I noticed it pumps up a little slower then normal or if there is a newer dryer that may work?

Comment

Just curious if anyone has tryed running 18x9 FR500 Mustang wheels on a box yet? These a set on craigslist pretty fairly priced. If anyone is good with photo shop I'd love to see how they would look on a box

Comment

Anyone know about the wheels above? Pretty sure if I get them spacers needed. Is there anyone running wheels that wide?

Comment

Some pics of the mark
                    Attached Files

Comment

very nice

someone's running 10 inch wide tires on the back and 9 inch up front IIRC. spacing has to be perfect though and you may need to roll the wheel well lip up tight as well with that much meat.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yea I decided against them wheels two where curb checked and need all new tires and the guy wasn't willing to do any less then $600. I'm gonna try and find some bbs type wheels and have them powder coated the same color as the mark with a polished lip or try my neighbors Gnx wheels.

Comment

Just a little update the townny is back up and running problem ended up being the starter solenoid. Bad news is there is a pin hole in the oil pan fix on thing and another one arises. On the up side a family friend just hooked me up with a set of gt40 heads that only had 12k when where swapped.

Comment

Working...
                          X