newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie!

Hey all! I'm a new member and have been lurking for the past few days and thought I'd register. I used to be on cvn years ago when I had my purple bomb but I have sold it off about 5 years ago. I like the setup of this forum so much better.

So this Saturday I may be buying an '84 Crown Vic and hopefully everything checks out ok with it. She's a light blue sedan with minimal rust on the body and frame or at least what i could see of the frame. I don't have any pics of it yet. I'm super excited about getting this car and getting another big sedan from the 80's. I told my fiancee about it and she told me to go for it and get rid of my Trans Am project (which I thought about selling anyways). I had the purple bomb when we first started going out and she loved it as did I. I also miss the hell out of it cause it was a fun car and unique.

Seeing the Crown Vic for sale and all these nice Crown Vics on here brings back the memories I had of the purple bomb. So here's some pics of the old ride:

Attached Files

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Welcome!

This is kind of a quiet forum compared to some I've been on, and I think you'll find you just have to jump right in and talk like you know what you're doing.

Comment

welcome! that's a hell of a colour combo.

There are a couple nice crown vics for sale on here. either way, I hope you find a car to satisfy the itch.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

this is an awsome forum welcome to gmn btw your a local mang!
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
          this is an awsome forum welcome to gmn btw your a local mang!
          Yes I is local mang! It's nice to see some others from WNY on here!

Ike Clanton
          Welcome!

This is kind of a quiet forum compared to some I've been on, and I think you'll find you just have to jump right in and talk like you know what you're doing.
          Yea I've been on other forums that have a lot going on lol.

I forgot to mention that the purple bomb was an '86. The only performance mod I had on there was the dual exhaust from the manifolds back with no cats and cherry bombs.

The car I'm hopefully getting tomorrow is being sold pretty cheap. I got the guy down to $650. I sold my Trans Am project to a friend, so in all I'll only be paying $250 out of pocket! I ended up paying $200 cash and a laptop that my sis gave me for nothing for it.

'93 T-bird
          '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
          '88 Mark VII
          '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb302 View Post
            Hey all! I'm a new member and have been lurking for the past few days and thought I'd register. I used to be on cvn years ago when I had my purple bomb but I have sold it off about 5 years ago. I like the setup of this forum so much better.

So this Saturday I may be buying an '84 Crown Vic and hopefully everything checks out ok with it. She's a light blue sedan with minimal rust on the body and frame or at least what i could see of the frame. I don't have any pics of it yet. I'm super excited about getting this car and getting another big sedan from the 80's. I told my fiancee about it and she told me to go for it and get rid of my Trans Am project (which I thought about selling anyways). I had the purple bomb when we first started going out and she loved it as did I. I also miss the hell out of it cause it was a fun car and unique.

Seeing the Crown Vic for sale and all these nice Crown Vics on here brings back the memories I had of the purple bomb. So here's some pics of the old ride:

The purple turbines would be perfect for your old car.

Comment

Well unfortunately the guy sold it already ironically to a guy with the same name as me. Oh well, i guess the search continues.

'93 T-bird
              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
              '88 Mark VII
              '86 CV

Comment

Welcome to the Party!
                You'll get another Panther soon.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Welcome! That was a nice box
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome and good luck finding a new panther.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I can scout aroud for ya and see what i can find im always coming across boxes.

Comment

I can scout aroud for ya and see what i can find im always coming across boxes.
                        Appreciate it!

A buddy of mine just texted me and told me he's selling his '88 Mark VII. So, it's a possibility I might end up buying that. Hopefully this weekend!

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

do eeeet! those cars are the shiz! also i know of a parts car if you need anythign for it as well.

Comment

welcome to gmn mang its really is cool to see more western new york mangs some of my family live in orchard park and west Seneca

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

do eeeet! those cars are the shiz! also i know of a parts car if you need anythign for it as well.
                              I'm definitely buying it! He's got the car set aside for me. I'm getting it cheap too! So hopefully this weekend I'll be bringing it home. I'm so excited! I'm not sure what I'll need off hand but I'll let you know. Thanks!

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                              welcome to gmn mang its really is cool to see more western new york mangs some of my family live in orchard park and west Seneca
                              sweet! I love seeing people on forums that are local. Kinda gives us something else to talk about lol.

'93 T-bird
                              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                              '88 Mark VII
                              '86 CV

Comment

Working...
                              X