Almost born on a Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost born on a Panther

Dont own one yet but it has always been my dream ever since my dad owned a 1980 Ford LTD Landau (full cloth top) 4 Door, Police Package with oversized pistons and a C7 Transmission as he describes her.

Ive allways wanted to own a CV panther but I have a question and I might get burned for asking

I would love to own a 79-87 CV BUT... can I swap over the Grand Marquis Tail Lights? I think that whole section separates and I can install it in a CV with no problems right?

You'll have problems with the trunk lid. They don't match the contours of the light housing. When I was looking for a trunk lid replacement, none of the Crown Vics came close to the butt shape needed for my Grand Marquis tail lights.

Now if you replaced both, it might be possible. Not sure if the Crown Vic rear quarter panel will accept a Grand Marquis lens though.

That’s the great thing about customizing (and life), you live and learn!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

Comment

Welcome. Would be easier to start with a grand marquis and just change out the header panel and hood with a Crown Victoria unit.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtvic View Post
        welcome. Would be easier to start with a grand marquis and just change out the header panel and hood with a crown victoria unit.
        x2

Comment

yeah, stick a Vic nose on a Grand Marquis if you want a hybrid without crazy amounts of work. The Grand Marq seats are more comfortable anyway. The instrument cluster however does not swap over without modification to the dashboard.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome! If you want a lot less headaches, just buy a GM if you prefer the styling over the CV.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome to the Party!!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

yea easier to put a vic header panel on a grand marquis

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                X